Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Plug and Play Gear Indicator

20K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  furious_blue 
#1 ·
#17 · (Edited)
I routinely try to shift up another gear while already in 6th.......I live in an area where there is a ton of traffic during the day and not many straightaways but lots and lots of curves so i must keep my head and eyes up and can only steal a glance down at the tachometer on occasion...
anyway,depending on your speed,you are going to have different rpms in the same gears...so glancing at the Tach may or may not give you an indication of what gear you are in...but stealing a quick half second glance at a gear indicator sure will....I most definitively will be getting this plug n play gear indicator 1st chance i have the extra money

#12 ·
Hmmm, I think I've spotted a trend. Three out of four snarky, off topic and non-helpful replys have come from "Senior" members.

Really guys, we're talking about a 250 entry level bike here not a GP racer!

Most of the buyers are likely to be newbies. Anyone with an intact memory and the ability to think should be able to see the usefullness of this to a newbie who has no prior experience on a MC.

BTW, my daughter fits this newbie category. I'm going to buy one for her bike since I know that anything I can do to easer the pain of her entry into motorcycling is worthwhile.

#13 ·
Tachometers were not a part of consumer level bikes, let alone cars, for most of the history of both, so I agree they are not entirely necessary. Both have become 'fashionable' in the last 10-15 years. Being able to judge when to up or downshift based on the feel and sound of the engine is a skill any beginner can and will learn in a weekend. A speedometer is a necessary gauge, because speed, unlike 'rpm' is not regulated by law. Finally, the cbr 250 is a very new model of bike, so to assume that even senior members of this forum are experienced riders is not a fair assumption. But all riders should be able to appreciate spending as little time as necessary staring at dials and gauges, and instead keeping your eyes on all the idiot drivers out there who are 'not' paying attention to us....

#14 ·
to each, his own...

i'd say why make fun of ppl wanna spend money on things they considered important?

some ppl do thing tht the gear indicator is an ease of life item, some ppl may see it as a waste o money... so be it . it's their money. let em spend the way the like.

i'd say go buy this,if u thing it's a good thi to hv and do gv some user's review,

if u think tht buying it is a waste o money, do respect other ppl's choices.. shut the F up.

#15 ·
One tip on aftermarket accessories plugged into diagnostic ports. Dealers can and will blame problems / issues on these type of devices and then will have you pay for the fix. I went thru this on a HHR SS when I had a Aeroforce gauge installed. It was cool but in the end not worth it.

#18 ·
For the moment, don't buy this gear indicator. I wrote a note to the seller this morning to ask him if he could sent me an extract of the notice to known how plug this item on the ECU and then, here is his response :

Dear,
please don't buy the gear indicator for your bike at the moment
We got some problem with a customer with this bike and we want to find a solution before sell more gear indicators.

Kindest regards

Wait and see....

#19 ·
What's funny is there is only one person that has commented that has actually rode a bike with a gear indicator (and there are many moto's out there that come stock with it) and they, like I, have liked it. It is not to be used as a constant thing but is a nice feature, but you can do without it. I have been riding over 7 years on both larger and smaller cc bikes and I find nothing wrong with installing a gear indicator. I sure hope those of you saying you don't look at your dash know how fast you are going, if not I am sure the officer will when he pulls you over.

#20 ·
What's funny is there is only one person that has commented that has actually rode a bike with a gear indicator (and there are many moto's out there that come stock with it) and they, like I, have liked it. It is not to be used as a constant thing but is a nice feature, but you can do without it. I have been riding over 7 years on both larger and smaller cc bikes and I find nothing wrong with installing a gear indicator. I sure hope those of you saying you don't look at your dash know how fast you are going, if not I am sure the officer will when he pulls you over.
Old Suzuki GS had it in the late 70's onwards.. still good for **** all.

#25 · (Edited)
I just got my gear indicator going to install it soon.

I want this because when I enter into my turns i really want to know what gear im entering into the corner in.. (i always go for 2nd gear) now with this indicator I KNOW! i am in 2nd.
Maybe if you didn't smoke a Doobie before you ride , you remember what gear you are in :confused:

too dumb to know what model motorcycle you ride ?

looking down while turning to see what gear you are in = you are a Mo-run !!

#27 ·
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
pull the stick out your ass. this isn't Youtube.

no information to be gained here, only smart mouth stunt riders, go do your 3 laps 9 turns whille avoiding traffic sniper.. cya in the obituaries.
hahahahahaha...you got mad !!!

thanks little bro .... relax it's just a joke. im going to tell your daddy to take away your internet privileges if you are going to get that mad and delete your original posts :D

see you watch my other videos huh ? ..... SUCKER !!!! .. that means you are on my **** too !

was going to let you slide , but this: "cya in the obituaries" ?... you asked for it:mad:

I know it said "plug and play" but that's not what they were talking about.Tell your Daddy to pull the gear indicator stick out YOUR ass.....Crybaby !!!!

#28 ·
Hey doobieguy...tell us how this works for you..i am highly interested in purchasing one but the earlier post of the email from the supplier about having problems with it killed the idea for me...

untill now anyway...
|
is it really plug into the diagnostic port and play?
details man..give us details!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.