Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got my cbr in October 2011. I have noticed in my area a black cbr250 a few times on my way home.
A couple of weeks ago while walking home (**** winter) i see what i assume to be same black cbr ..a block from where i saw it parked in the fall.

Poor thing left alone in the cold and wet. Chain showing signs of neglect or the harshness of the outside. Was very rusty and i briefly wished i could have come back with my chain lube and give it a good spraying.

I gave my cbr a big hug and was thankful it is parked in a secure underground parking space with a plugin for a battery tender.

and now it is almost February. Hoping the weather gods are kind this year and we get an early spring and decent summer. The last 2 yrs been pretty crappy. In 2011 summer didnt really start until end of July. and year b4 it was end of june.

(sigh) all i need is a dry weekend and i would ride. The temps are getting better and day time highs approaching 10c. **** how i hate PMS !!!
(Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings Skyway6,

Chin up. Spring is just around the Corner.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoL - didnt mean it to come out sounding so depressing. Was actually said with
a bit of levity. And this isnt 1939. why does the board bleep out that world. The one said in Gone With The Wind, Rhett Butler - Frankly my dear i dont give a ****

I rolled my bike out from its bike locker in underground parking last night. Checked the air pressure in tires. Lubed the chain. Even tho it didnt really need it. Only have just over 1000km on bike since Oct 14 when i took bike home. Gone thru about half a can of lube since i got the bike. Guess its better to over lube than under. Looks like i be cleaning lube off rear rim after next ride.

I then gave my already gleaming bike a quick clean and polish. I then rolled the bike around the parking area to give the tires a rest from sitting in same spot for too long.

So far at this point the upcoming weekend is looking great. a few days of sunny weather with lows of 5c and highs of at least 10c ..cant wait.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there Feliz. As long as the weekend weather holds up i will be happy :)
You dont perchance ride around downtown? I have seen a red cbr on Davie st
a few times and wonder if that was you.

Cant ride in the evenings yet. (to be brief. 54y old. never had class5. came to BC from Ontario in 1991. did not transfer license. 2007 got class 8L)

starting on scooters. 50cc-150cc-500cc now cbr250.
thanks to wonderful ICBC i have to take another road test. Took class 6 on the 500cc scooter. i now have 2 class 6. Class 6(scooter restriction) and 6L motorcycle (dawn to dusk only riding) did not have to do the skills test again or have supervisor restriction.

so now i have to take a stupid road test to get full class 6. which bugs me because several friends recently passed class 6 on scooter and no restriction. And to top it off the online system to book a road test wont let me because it says there are no tests i am qualified for.

anyway. onward and upward.

·
Registered
878 Posts
What a hassle to get a license.....wow.

By bike is red but I haven't had it down on Davie yet!! I live in Coquitlam, we'll have to meet up half way some time for coffee. I have a few bikes and my hassle is trying to ride each one once in a while over winter, it bothers me to have a bike sit for too long. One good thing about ICBC is the collector plate program, if a bike is stock and over 25 years old it's very cheap to insure, like for me being over 65 I pay less than $100 a year insurance. Otherwise I could never afford so many bikes. Later.

·
Registered
107 Posts
and now it is almost February. Hoping the weather gods are kind this year and we get an early spring and decent summer. The last 2 yrs been pretty crappy. In 2011 summer didnt really start until end of July. and year b4 it was end of june.
That is a natural phenomenon called "blocking". It is part of a 70-80 year weather pattern (same one that caused the dust bowl in the 1930s). The pattern lasts for about 10 years then it goes away, we are already in its decline. The rains that normally go over Texas and Oklahoma went further south because of a pressure front right about your area that keeps cooler polar air there and "blocks" the equatorial air from coming up. It also happened in the UK last year which is what caused Moscow to have that heat wave (the heat couldnt go North like it normally did so it went East and then up, right over Moscow).

There is more news written about the droughts in Texas and Oklahoma so if you watch for that, when they end your weather patterns should return to "normal" (this weather pattern is normal it is just on such a long cycle it is often not considered normal).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts