Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola amigos.

Newbie rider with a trashed Ninja 250 in his present (not my fault) and possibly a CBR250 in his future, insurance willing...

The adjuster should be coming by early next week to give me the verdict on my damaged Ninjette and as soon as he (hopefully) tells me it's totaled I'm 99.112383% sure I'll be picking up a 2012 CBR250.

Stay tuned! If you care...

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I do care, and why the defection?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings Frank Bama,

Welcome to the Forum. Best of Luck on your persuit of a cbr.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles... but hope you get a CBR out of it. You can't go wrong... read up on the differences: fuel injection, optional ABS, higher quality materials and craftsmanship, sweet handling and beautiful styling! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It's not talked about much, but the CBR comes standard with a force field surrounding it and protecting it from damage of any kind. Definitely worth it. Good Luck and (hopefully) welcome to the Club!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Don't worry, we like to chew up our young. A sign of affection:D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do care, and why the defection?
Thanks, I was just being stupid with the "if you care" part.

The defection would mostly be financially based, it's all comes down to dealer fees. My Ninja and I were rear ended by an 18 wheeler Wednesday so if my my bike ends up being totaled I'll be in the market for a new one. Been content with the Ninja so far so I figured I would just look into another one but of the 3 dealerships in my area one I would never buy from again, one is a Kawi/Honda dealer, and the third is just Honda. They all carry Yamaha as well but Yamaha doesn't make a 250 and I still ride like a punk a bit too often to trust myself with anything bigger than that...

Anywho, bottom line is that I can get a CBR250 at the Honda-only dealer for $4703 OTD or pay $5335 for the same CBR/$5443 for the Ninja at the Kawi/Honda dealer with the difference being because the Honda-only place doesn't rape their customers with processing, assembly, and prep fees. All things being equal I would probably stick with a Ninja because I'm already comfortable on that bike but the fact that the CBR will cost me $700+ less than the Ninja makes it a no-brainer.

My riding buddy has a 2012 CBR250 and we've had quite the spirited Honda v. Kawasaki rivalry going for the 2 months we've been riding together, I'll never hear the end of it if I end up on a CBR...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Get the CBR. It'll give you and your riding buddy something new to talk about :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
Didn't take long for me to catch on, dude...
"Frank Bama?" We'll have to talk about that...

Oh... And for the record... It was never a rivalry... The Ninjette never had an ice cubes chance...

Glad it wasn't *you* that got totaled... It's tough replacing riding buddies... ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
So he had the green ninja in the pics you had of your ride in gulches??? I remember seeing that in the pics.

Welcome to the forum and sorry to here about the ninja but good to hear you're thinking about the cbr. I researched both bikes and looked at each in person and MUCH prefered the CBR and it was an easy choice for me. In all my searching the ONLY thing I found that the ninja had over the cbr was a little top end. Not to mention the ninja is still sporting a hideous 1980's gauge panel with a tiny, almost unreadable, tach off to the side and has no temp gauge. The CBR has better mid-low end power(for a MUCH better day to day commuter and in-town bike), gas mileage and dash, plus is fuel injected.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
..Oh... And for the record... It was never a rivalry... The Ninjette never had an ice cubes chance...
On numerous occasions I almost called Kawasaki to ask about the little black spot that I noticed on both my mirrors whenever I rode but I'm really glad I didn't bother, turns out what I had assumed to be a manufacturing defect was in fact you...

·
Registered
350 Posts
On numerous occasions I almost called Kawasaki to ask about the little black spot that I noticed on both my mirrors whenever I rode but I'm really glad I didn't bother, turns out what I had assumed to be a manufacturing defect was in fact you...
Lol.... Funny... 'specially since I can pretty much recall you telling me how useless those short-stalked Ninja mirrors were, since all you could see were your shoulders... Apparently, you missed the semi in those mirrors that ran your ass over... ;) (I warned you you not to go back to Suches without me).

P.S. I'm going up to Mountain on Tuesday for my service... Want to meet me there? Going to hop over to WoW as well...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol.... Funny... 'specially since I can pretty much recall you telling me how useless those short-stalked Ninja mirrors were, since all you could see were your shoulders... Apparently, you missed the semi in those mirrors that ran your ass over... ;) (I warned you you not to go back to Suches without me).

Well I can move my arms and shoulders out of the way so...

And no I didn't miss the semi, I could see his grill quite clearly in both my mirrors. After I moved my arms and shoulders...

Yes I will admit attempting to go back to Suches without you was an unfortunate mistake, had you been there you surely would've been behind me so it would've been your ass that got hit and not mine. :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well I can move my arms and shoulders out of the way so...

And no I didn't miss the semi, I could see his grill quite clearly in both my mirrors. After I moved my arms and shoulders...

Yes I will admit attempting to go back to Suches without you was an unfortunate mistake, had you been there you surely would've been behind me so it would've been your ass that got hit and not mine. :D
Lol....
Well... At least you can still move your arms and shoulders...
I'm off to Lobster Thermidor on the French side of the island...
And you were wrong about Orient Beach! ! !
Bonjour....

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I had a '09 Ninja before this CBR.

I traded it in, and haven't looked back.:)

This bike is amazing, plain and simple.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts