Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new years resolution for 2012 was to start riding.

I've saved up enough and was about to go to my local honda dealer to reserve a new 2012 Cbr 250, but then I came here and found out about the mystery rattle(s), along with a few other unusual mechanical failures on low mileage bikes.

I was wondering if anyone could help ease my apprehension about getting this bike.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome, Its an amazing little bike, loves to be ridden hard and they run like clockwork.

·
Registered
426 Posts
One thing i have noticed about many products. If you get one (any item or service)
and you are happy with it. do not read company/product forums. You will find out you really should hate this and are doomed for mechanical/electrical problems.

While in some cases there are indeed valid problems. Most times there is no issue or it is a small isolated problem blown out of proportion. As an example. I play online games and find that i really should not be having so much fun when i read the websites as the game really is a bug riddled mess according to the posts. For the most part i stopped reading those sites and continued to play and enjoy the game. I saw this in just about every game from world of warcraft to Everquest to Star Wars The old republic.

Also, most people that are happy with the product do not post. Is why there was a thread started here asking people that are happy riding problem free to chime in.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My New Year’s Resolution was to ride every day. So far so good.

I had the bike since September and put 6 thousand miles on it. No problems that i have noticed. I havn't heard "the rattle"... maybe I just don't know what i should be listening for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i'll stay the course and go get one.

I also noticed that a majority of the complaints were from people living in thailand.

I'm feeling confident that the 2012's have been at least slightly touched up as well.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
FWIW, I'm getting one too. Not worried about the reported issues. My history with Hondas over the years gives me enough confidence. Looking at an April delivery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts