Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
there is a local guy in my town that does powdercoating and anodizing,he said $200 bucks a wheel,i am waiting on a black cbr,i was thinking of getting my wheels done in red,any thoughts,i dont know if i want powdercoating or anodizing,i think PC is a little more durable,but i love the look of anodizing too.i think the bike will look better,i might even get the wheels done in black,idk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Get it done an anodizing, the look is just wayy better than the look of the PC, PC just looks cheap sometimes unless done right, and PC also doesn't look as clean as anodizing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i think someone in my area does it cheaper then 200 a wheel,and thats for car rims.

so maybe i should hit him up for my bike.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Almost all wheels come powder coated from the factory so as long as he's professional powder would be the way to go. I do my own powder coating occasionally and as long as the prep work is done well then it will hold up great. But just like any finish it's all in the prep work. Also anodizing will show a scratch immediately where powder coating has some depth to hide minor scratching.

·
Registered
141 Posts
PC is alot more durable. Dunno if the 250R's wheels are aluminum or steel, but aluminum you can anodize, steel you'd have to PC. I got a guy out in Jersey who I ship my parts to for PC'ing. He might be interested if your up for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts