Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me how to get the silencer out of the exhaust? I removed the hex head machine screw from the bottom and I still can't seem to get it out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Start up the motor & give it a few rev's on the throttle. As it heats up the pulse from the motor should spit it out. If not, then a pair off oven gloves or similar just stick your finger in there and pull.

·
Registered
501 Posts
On my brand new Leo I just got, while the muffler is off. I used a old broom stick & hit it out from the inlet side. Put the flat edge against of the edge of baffle. Mine had to of been literally pressed in.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Put it back in, your neighbourhood will appreciate it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine was really loud until I found the DB killer wedged in a flap in the box the muffler came in. I Almost through it out. Its great now, not to loud with smoother revs and better accleration. Its like I bought a new bike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put it back in, your neighbourhood will appreciate it.
Lol it sounds like a quad now, was thinking about taking out the 40 mm and running it straight through. Has anyone done this yet? Does it sound good? Cops around here don't really care about how loud motorcycle exhaust is.

·
Registered
501 Posts
After i took my bike on the freeway found the Db slowed to bike down on the freeway.. Was great around town. Take off is alot faster now that i removed the db killer. The take off torque has increased dramaticly.I stilll have the smaller insert in. Need to check freeway handling now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just pulled my 40 mm insert out, it really didn't get all that much louder. I did notice it accelerates even better now.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Did my freeway test. Runs great on freeway , I had to keep slowing down because the cars were to slow getting on the freeway & there was no traffic. Was able to pass cars already going 75 & still had rpms to use. DB killer disc only good for local riding. I'm happy with the Leo.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me too, even running it straight through with no silencer disc or reducer tips I haven't gotten any complaints from the neighbors yet. Do you have a full system or a slip on?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I bought the slip on. Now i just got to see what its going to do to my gas mileage. I noticed today that it runs better at low speeds in a higher gears so that helps around town. The Leo unleased the power that stock muffler was holding back.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
IMHO any exhaust that makes a low throaty growl is AWESOME!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
My Leo sounds smoother after valve adjustment
I love the look of the Yosh carbon exhaust, which I have but, I would prob choose the Leo's. I know a guy who has dual exhaust n his Varadaro and it sounds awesome. Low throaty and sexy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts