Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
soon to be

Hey all, been lurking for a few days thought I'd say hi. I have been wanting to ride for a while now and I used to be a fan of Kawi's ninja 250/500, but when Honda made their 250 I knew that was the bike for me. Last Spring I took and passed the MSF, which since I didn't know any riders, helped me get my M license plus learn the basics. Fast forward to now the timing and financials seem to be working out in my favor and I will be buying a black 250 soon. That is when the local shop gets them in. I stopped by on my way home from work today and put my name on a call list for when they come in. I'm also excited because this place says they don't charge any extra fees to assemble, ship, etc. :D I did find one black cbr 250 the end of last summer but the dealer wanted a little over 600 in extra fees.

I will be reading more about the bike, and I was wondering if there are any good posts or links to info about cbr maintenance and upkeep.

Thanks! :cool:

-Croaker

*edit* ehh..sorry looks like after I previewed my post the forum inserted it's title reminder text

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings Croaker,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on getting a New cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future. A+ on taking the MSF course and getting the endorsement.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome to our forum croaker. Where are you from? If Washington state I know of two CBR250's that need a good home and are from a shop I trust and respect.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hey that's like me almost except i'm getting the tri-color next week with ABS
I bet you're excited about it as I am

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me too! I can't wait to get that call at the end of March that my bike is ready :)

Until then, I will just browse here. Loving the info so far. Answered a lot of my questions. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the welcome. Seems like a lot of people are saying that bikes are arriving in March. My local dealer has a "white" (thinking she meant tricolor) cbr250 coming in soon so we'll see what happens. The winter has been so mild here, 48F instead of 10F, that I want get on the road asap and take advantage of a long season.

Welcome to our forum croaker. Where are you from? If Washington state I know of two CBR250's that need a good home and are from a shop I trust and respect.
I am a little under 3k miles away across the country, but we'll see what happens ;) Last year I went to all five places here and kept hearing shortages and reduced production.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am a little under 3k miles away across the country, but we'll see what happens ;) Last year I went to all five places here and kept hearing shortages and reduced production.
That is what you said. This is what I heard:

Jeff, if they sell out of bikes here I will pay for the fuel to drive my bike out to me and an airplane ticket back. ;)

I'll even break'er in the way you want and do the first oil and filter change when you want.:D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome to the club Croaker, wherever you get your bike from it will be well worth the wait.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dealer just called - picking up my tricolor ABS Tuesday!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the info. It was a great help making the decision to get a CBR, and I've learned a few things that will make being a new owner easier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is what you said. This is what I heard:

Jeff, if they sell out of bikes here I will pay for the fuel to drive my bike out to me and an airplane ticket back. ;)

I'll even break'er in the way you want and do the first oil and filter change when you want.:D
Well if you have the time... ;) LoL

Thanks Feliz, yes let me tell you I have been waiting a very looong time.

highflyer, congrats!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine's coming in April... :( (was supposed to be early March)
Feel like a kid that just got his iPhone pulled for a month...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts