Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought it was about time I introduced myself as I have been lurking in the background reading as much info as I could before my purchase. Bought the bike new about 4 weeks ago and have just clocked over 1800kms. I had a full yoshimura system fitted from new by the dealer and think it sounds great with the db killer fitted. Just picked up a genuine honda tinted screen for $50 so will fit that soon. Fitted some foam grips to take the vibration away on longer trips. I have always had bigger bikes and it was a very hard decision to downsize but I must say I have been surprised by how well this bike handles anything you throw at it. In recent years I had a ducati 748sps, kawasaki z750, kawasaki zrx1200r, yamaha MT-01 before selling it and buying a 125 scooter for commuting. I must say I enjoyed the scooter as it was so practical around town but after a few too many close calls due to not being able to get out of the way quickly (no power) I decided to upsize again. Now this bike was chosen even tho my head was saying I could buy a low mileage 600 for the same money but I wanted something my partner could also ride so researched as much as I could before the purchase. I have ridden the bike 2 up on long rides and it handles it fine as long as there is no headwind. 6000rpm on freeway is just out of its torque band and really struggles without a gear change or two to overtake. But increase the speed to 120-130kmh and around 7-8k and it just purrs along. For this reason I am going to try a 13T front sprocket (1T less) to lower the final drive a touch for better highway performance. I also doubt it will effect economy much at all and may even improve 2 up. I have kept up with bigger bikes thru the twisties and loved every minute of it. Coming from much bigger heavier bikes you really do appreciate the light weight and nimbleness of this bike. A bit more power would be great and if a quality big bore kit became available I would probably go that route. Personally I would love this bike with a 450 single like a crf engine. That would be a weapon. Anyway only other mods will probably be a revalving of the forks and possibly the rear shock and some sticky tyres when these are worn. Great forum and lots of useful info. Cheers :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome smithy.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome Smithy - where did you buy your bike and did they do the first service?
Cheers
Paul
From down the road somewhere !

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your new bike. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Smithy - where did you buy your bike and did they do the first service?
Cheers
Paul
From down the road somewhere !
Bought the bike from The honda shop in midland. Yeah 1st service cost $170. Thanks for the welcome guys:D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bought the bike from The honda shop in midland. Yeah 1st service cost $170. Thanks for the welcome guys:D
Hi Smithy
Taking mine on Thursday Rockingham Powersport the cost will be $315 because they will be checking the valve clearance etc. your service seems cheap?
Cheers
Paul:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That included checking valve clearances. You just have to negotiate the price. We were very happy with the service and price we got the bike,exhaust,helmets and service for.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts