Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out testing the gopro helmet mount, wasn't planning on uploading any video, but.. corner of a busy street, little kids, and a basketball. Don't be a jackass, keep your speed down and your eyes up on the sidestreets.

Plus side.. mount is squared away. :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Street I live on is littered with kids and pets. Have to be sooooo careful:)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice hand signals, ever thought about getting into ground control :D

Trolol :D

Can you feel the side mount weight with the helmet on?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice hand signals, ever thought about getting into ground control :D

Trolol :D

Can you feel the side mount weight with the helmet on?
hah.. :)

No, gopro's weigh next to nothing. Pretty much forgot it was there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That's an interesting spot to put the camera. And wow @ those kids, if you were some d-bag in a subaru trying to cause trouble with randoms you probably would have hit them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's an interesting spot to put the camera.
It's all I could come up with. Some people mount them on the chin of their helmet, but I don't need it interfering with the vent I have there. Could have used the suction cup on the bike fairing sticking out the side, but then it will be impossible to look/point at stuff in later videos. So.. I found a spot on the helmet where the curve of the helmet matched the curve of a baseplate and decided that was it.

I didn't expect the "over the shoulder" look, I always forget the thing has that fisheye lense, but overall I'm happy with it there.

And wow @ those kids, if you were some d-bag in a subaru trying to cause trouble with randoms you probably would have hit them.
There are a few people that drive down that street like idiots from time to time, and the street I turned from is really busy on weekdays. Kids should probably be in the back yard, but if they're not and you hit one, you're not going to convince anyone that it wasn't your fault.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Kids should probably be in the back yard, but if they're not and you hit one, you're not going to convince anyone that it wasn't your fault.
Well they shouldn't be running after balls (or anything, for that matter) that go stray across the road ... everyone knows that. The comment about the subaru was in reference to another thread on this forum haha, some guys in a subaru were trying to get a CBR rider to race them, and when he didn't they followed him and had a cry.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dogs used to be a challenge until I got the hang of "let them almost catch you then roll on the throttle."

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried it at highway speeds yet? I imagine the extra drag probably adds some yaw to your helmet and may not make the neck feel very good.
I was on the highway at 60-70 for about 10 miles each way at the start and end of that ride. Slight drag on that side, nothing serious.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have you tried it at highway speeds yet? I imagine the extra drag probably adds some yaw to your helmet and may not make the neck feel very good.
Like others have stated in this thread already, the GoPro is very light and you don't notice it's there. Maybe if you had it mounted on the *top* of your helmet, but as my video shows, the footage you get from there looks silly.

On the fuel tank/elsewhere on the bike and on the front of your helmet, no noticeable drag.

I took some photos of my helmet with the GoPro attached to the front, except my phone's usb slot is broken so I'll have to get a workaround to get the pics off the phone.

·
Registered
394 Posts
When it sits flat on a desk/table the camera appears to face upwards, but when the helmet is on your head it points reasonably straight on (see second pic).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What sort of mount is that jubis? Does it attach to the bottom like the others, or did you glue something to the latch for the case?

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's the square shaped curved surface adhesive mount attached to the front of my helmet (I can still use the front vent, although I don't touch it as I have the lower side vents usually open), with the Vertical J clip-on part for the GoPro instead of the stock clip-on bit.

All GoPro stuff, nothing customized. Comes as part of the Motorsports edition but if you didn't get that they include it as part of the Grab Bag of Mounts.

It's in one of the pictures here.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it just occurred to me that you're probably using the same base I am, just without any of the extensions.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you get any of the accessories I'd recommend the Grab Bag or the Rollbar (or both :p), Grab Bag is pretty versatile and gives you a couple more adhesive mounts, as well as the fancy J buckle/base plate, which is super awesome for helmets. And you might have seen a video of my rollbar mount going through twisties somewhere on this forum, it just looks so epic sexy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts