Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have not ridden yet, no license and still a few weeks from taking the MSF. I have been starting her up to get the fluids going, then rolling out of the garage in first gear to get the feel for the clutch, shutting the engine down, then using my legs to roll slightly uphill back into the garage for 'training' of balance and to strengthen my legs.:D

Ordered all my gear yesterday, Honda tank pack, and Yoshi spools and sliders, installed the Battery Tender this morning.....removed the stickers and went over everything with some spray detailer!

I think I am well on my way!:cool:

A few pics, she shares the garage with my other weekend toy....PT Cruiser (2 seater with 32 speakers inside:eek:).....

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratz on the purchase and welcome to the forums. One of the biggest things you'll learn in the MSF course is using the friction zone, so practice practice practice :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratz on the purchase and welcome to the forums. One of the biggest things you'll learn in the MSF course is using the friction zone, so practice practice practice :D
Thanks! Clutch seems pretty forgiving but I have not gone far at all. I don't want the habit of 'riding' the clutch but everyone says that working the friction zone is really important. I guess it'll all come with practice.

I just ordered the MSF book on amazon to study while I wait for the weather to cool down. We are just now getting back down to 100 degrees here in Austin. You guys who took the class in the dead heat of summer get my respect!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Getting anxious! MSF class next weekend, and some gear and farkles are arriving each day!

Still only 22 miles on her from the dealership riding her home to me.

Appears Joe Rocket is discontinuing these, I found a great deal online.

After seeing the Scorpion EXO1000 RPM, I had to get one! Fits me perfectly, but I did swap the screen for a light tinted version. Gotta love the graphics on the liner, too!

Just finished installing the Yoshi frame sliders and rear spools. Left the front turn signals and left fairing off waiting for new LED signals and a PIAA Sports horn to arrive this week. Also ordered the "Braker" rear flashing LED bulb for the tail light and an LED bulb for the plate light.

Swapped the bulbs up front and ordered a DDM bi-xenon kit 4300K 35w.

Found some scale CBRs at Walmart!:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that chain is shamefully clean... I suggest you to do something about :p
Haha...it's brand new! Give it some time. I'll work on it, but I'll still be a 'fair weather rider' only.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same helmet. I love the inflatable cheek pads.
Yeah I did not know that the 1000 had that feature and did not know about the graphics on the inside pads until it arrived. Nice stuff! The only thing I did not like was the clear shield, even with the secondary flip down sunglasses that it has, I still wanted a darker main shield so I swapped it for the light smoke one. Great helmet!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm stoked to get going!

One of my neighbors has a very young son that says "Ooooh motorcycle!" every time they walk by and I have my garage open.

And today a new neighbor moved in with a big Harley and an older Ninja 750, lottsa experience riding; he came over to see the CBR and said it looks great and if I need anything just to ask!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, love what you are doing to your baby blade! Makes me want to actually take some time to clean up mine and take some pics to share...

I bought that same jacket, I really like it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, love what you are doing to your baby blade! Makes me want to actually take some time to clean up mine and take some pics to share...

I bought that same jacket, I really like it.
Thanks, my cars have a few additions so the CBR can be no different. I'll use a lot of spray detailer on the painted fairings.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Lottsa farkles!

Finished all four LED turn signals. I selected different front lenses for their side amber LED and silver housings.

Replaced the horn.
**EDIT: I found a spot for the second PIAA Sports horn and now have both of them on the bike. After all they are designed to work together. Now I've got plenty of honk to work with!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hay PT your cbr is looking good. I like the turn signals. Can you tell me where you purchased them and how you installed them. Do they work good.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hay PT your cbr is looking good. I like the turn signals. Can you tell me where you purchased them and how you installed them. Do they work good.

Luckybike.com has them in silver black and chrome, but you can find some cheaper cost on ebay.

Install is just swapping them with the originals, but you need 4 inline resisters. Keep in mind when installing the resistors that they get very hot and will need some space around them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i just noticed your temp plate says GOD. lol awesome
I think the Lord wants me to get out and ride!

Closing in on 40 and this is my early mid-life crisis mobile!:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts