Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got windscreen installed. What a gong show. (que circus music) Bolt in right side mirrow was diagonally installed in factory so had to be drilled/broken out and replaced. Here is the final product. Took him on a 2.5 hour ride today before snow hits our area tomorrow. Awesome!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops! sorry. Should have previewed post. Thought pics downloaded, however problem sorted and pics available

·
Registered
628 Posts
That looks awesome! Where did you purchase? Would it be easier to have it installed by a tech?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Certainly adds some height, my be great on the body for long, highspeed tours.

Any increase in top-end speed?

My Honda extendable screen added about 5kph and makes a long tour way easier on the upper body, but it isn't as tall or well designed as the puig.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sick!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Windscreen looks good. How does it perform compared to the stock screen?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I need a windscreen - _ -

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks awesome! Where did you purchase? Would it be easier to have it installed by a tech?

Odered through my Honda Powerhouse. I worked on it for a couple hours, managed to remove both fairings and left side mirror. However the right side mirror top bolt was installed diagaonally which made removal impossible....for me! I ended up having to put the bike back together and ride my bike into the dealer and have the tech do the job which involved braking the bolt, as it was unmovable, and replace with a new one. I was disappointed i couldn't finish the install myself but IT IS A BIG JOB! Pretty much have to tear half the bike apart. But, he's a beauty!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Windscreen looks good. How does it perform compared to the stock screen?
Windy ride on way home and was riding into it. I must say i didn't feel the same upper body fatigue as i would normally. Will see in time and the look is awesome compared to the stock.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Certainly adds some height, my be great on the body for long, highspeed tours.

Any increase in top-end speed?

My Honda extendable screen added about 5kph and makes a long tour way easier on the upper body, but it isn't as tall or well designed as the puig.[/QUOTE

The Puig is approx 3-4 in taller and the width is more. Has a nice slant and I noticed better wind deflection on my ride, typical Chinook blasting winds today. I had to crouch a wee bit and actually was able to crouch behind something lol

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm liking it. That PUIG sure is tall.
It is approx 3-4 in taller and a bit wider. Not freakishly so and acctually povides some good wind deflection. I'm very happy with it. I find the stock screen a bit unattractive, kinda like the exhaust lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you just threw on some smoked turn signals, headlights, and tailights you'd be all murdered out :D and then I would be super jealous and want to trade in my tri color for the blacked out bike.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you just threw on some smoked turn signals, headlights, and tailights you'd be all murdered out :D and then I would be super jealous and want to trade in my tri color for the blacked out bike.
Tidying up the tail next, along with different side mirrors. Going to wait a bit though. I've dropped a few dollars into my boy so I'm going to take a break and enjoy some ride time. Good suggestions, always appreciate some feed back. Tri colored is my next fav. Actually if the tri was available in Canada last year, that would have been my choice. Lovin the black now; stealthy:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
^ glad I could help through some suggestions. Love living different choices, like the color of this bike, vicariously through other people haha. Once I come into some money of my own I'm thinking of powder coating my rims white, getting a full exhaust (yoshi carbon) and then a fender eliminator (prob hotbodies). I love dreaming. Hopefully it'll be reality by the end of spring!! Enjoy your riding. Are you east or west coast Canada? Or neither and more center? Haha.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
nice...looks very good...i like the added height, but not enough to look out of place or like it doesnt belong
..the work to put one on will stop me from doing it anytime soon..sure wish it was easier, I would love to have one

1 - 20 of 33 Posts