Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was going to let you know I picked the real deal service manual from Helm Inc. Let me know if there is something somebody needs and I will try to scan it in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will scan as needed, the book is really huge. Almost 3lbs worth. I will scan it when someone needs it though, I am not stingy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Could you post a decent-quality scan of the valve clearance check/adjustment procedure? The one I found elsewhere was a royal pain to make out. If you can, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure can, that is exactly why I purchased the manual. Haha, I was having a problem with paying the money to a service shop that may or may not do it correct. No one else could really explain how to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
70 bucks, but definitly worth it. PM me and I will send you the pages, files are too large to upload on here.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Also try and find the ECU reset procedure and post it, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I ordered one last week from helm to. Can't wait till it gets here.

This is the page for resetting the ECU from the .org files that were scanned.

MOD: Guys, come on - no copyrighted material, please!

·
Registered
161 Posts
jw8075, how long did it take for you to receive yours? Mine has been in the shipping dept. for 2 days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think everyone who owns a motorcycle or car should buy a service manual for it. In this case, we pay $5000+ for the bike, whats another $70? The money saved in the long run by not having to take it to mechanic at $70/hr is well worth it after one self-repair. ie) change spark plug, tighten chain, add coolant, etc. Pays for itself quick.

Also, don't attempt to post scanned copies of the manual on this forum. The moderators will yank it since it is illegal to do so.

:) Rudipides250 :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine took a total of 3 days to get to me. I think it is a good investment to have it, this is my first bike so it has been helpful already.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think everyone who owns a motorcycle or car should buy a service manual for it.:)
Absolutely Yes.

Also the parts catalog is an excellent investment.
Your visit to the parts department will go much quicker and the parts people will love you if you walk in with all your part numbers in hand.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hmm thats the DTC erasing, but not the whole ecu erasing / reset

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the parts manual, I must have overlooked it. I used hondapartnation.com to get part numbers to do the valve adjustment.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts