Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Also, don't attempt to post scanned copies of the manual on this forum. The moderators will yank it since it is illegal to do so.

:) Rudipides250 :)
I don't think so...once you buy something it yours to do as you wish...it is no more illegal to post scanned pics of the service manual on here or anywhere else on the internet than it is to post scanned pages of Huckleberry Finn or an article from your daily newspaper...so post all the scanned pages you want people...the moral/copyright police may exist , just not on this forum

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Helm only has the RA version for antilock brakes....I have the CBR250R so I need and want the service manual for the R (non ABS) version for for obvious reasons...The brake cylinders will be different....some electronics,ect..ect.. all will be different...i dont want a $70 manual thats not even for my model bike or cant tell me how to work on the braking system...anyone seen the other version anywhere?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't think so...once you buy something it yours to do as you wish...it is no more illegal to post scanned pics of the service manual on here or anywhere else on the internet than it is to post scanned pages of Huckleberry Finn or an article from your daily newspaper...so post all the scanned pages you want people...the moral/copyright police may exist , just not on this forum
This server is hosted in the US and as such is subject to US copyright laws. In the US (and just about every other country in the world, very few don't honor other countries' copyrights) it is illegal to distribute copies of a work you do not hold distribution rights to. As the service manual is not released under a permissive license, and you don't own the copyright directly, you cannot post all or portions of it online. Full stop. If this forum allows copyrighted material to be shared on it, the owners become liable. Full stop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One problem with your argument, you're using a public domain work to compare to a private domain work. Apples to oranges, you can post huckleberry finn till the cows come home, because the copyright has expired, and it is now deemed public domain, where as the service manual is still under copyright, and therefore, subject to copyright laws, no matter what portions of it you were to scan and post. now quoting from the manual is another story, since its not a direct, image/copy of the page that was written. that's considered fair use.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
This server is hosted in the US and as such is subject to US copyright laws. In the US (and just about every other country in the world, very few don't honor other countries' copyrights) it is illegal to distribute copies of a work you do not hold distribution rights to. As the service manual is not released under a permissive license, and you don't own the copyright directly, you cannot post all or portions of it online. Full stop. If this forum allows copyrighted material to be shared on it, the owners become liable. Full stop.
people have been wondering if this site even has a moderator or administrator since i have been on it earlier this year so to state that "any scanned pages will be yanked immediately as illegal" ...as the guy i was responding to stated is preposterous. full stop. lol......thought I was reading a telegram there for a sec..full stop..lmao.....

MOD: yes, we're here.

my point is.. morally illegal or not...there are scanned pics of the service manual everywhere including a very crappy full copy on cbr250r.org that is all but completely useless because it is so crappily copied but it has been reposted all summer at least a dozen or more times....so to try to scare people from posting a scanned page on this seemingly moderator free site seems kinda odd to me

·
Registered
7 Posts
CBR250R Service Manual - English Version

I was searching online for a service manual because mine was in Thai. I got lucky to find one FREE.

MODS: link removed. The Honda service manual is copyrighted

Just save it for future use :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
That looks to be the manual for the CBR250RR from the late 80's/ 90's. We certainly don't have 4 cylinders or carbs.
that's the old model manual which is available online on the net. i have not bumped in to the new 2011-250R shop manual except at other forum

·
745 Posts
CBR250.NET is a USA forum and subject to copyright infringement!

Sorry, boys and girls. Do not post links to the Honda service manuals on CBR250.net. I'm sure you can find one if you're determined, but if we allow it on here, it's a slam dunk profit for the publisher.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts