Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all the R15 shouldn't be anywhere in the video. The complete event wasn't particularly related to the 400m drag..but more of the options of bikes available in India one could buy at the moment- and these three were at the top three.

The review testing/shootout was done for Motorbeam.com an online automobile magazine. I was very curious/interested on the quarter mile drag as generally the CBR is generally put down in front of the KTM Duke considering the fact that its 31 kgs lighter than the Honda and makes the same amount of power. But I always felt that it was not always about the weight disadvantage on the CBR that'll outshine it so easily by others considering a better torque, mid-range grunt and decent gearing.

So here's what happened:

We did a total of 6 runs out of which 4 went in favour of the CBR, one for the KTM as I had a notchy shift on the CBR and then one for me as the KTM rider had a notchy shift.

Looking at the video, it made me wonder as to where was all the hyped power-to-weight ratio of the KTM disappear. Even if the CBR lost by the distance the KTM did..I would still say it wouldn't had been so bad considering that 31 kgs is nearly 20% of both the bike's weight. And this is just a quarter mile drag...show a longer stretch and the CBR would make sure that the KTM would never catch up. For record on the return- we had a friendly sprint on the highway where my CBR was doing 146 kph in 5th gear at just a shade over 10,000 rpm...which the KTM cannot even think of doing in the 6th gear i.e. courtesy the rev-limited which cuts off power at 11,000 rpm.

All this isn't just to show superiority of any bike over its counterpart, but as I had mentioned earlier in one of my posts- the media would simply put down one good machine in no time and we have bunch of mindless blokes who would actually believe that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Cool video! And like BBR already stated next time try shifting without coming off the throttle when drag racing. Have your foot already lifting up on the lever and just blip the clutch lever and it'll shift lighting fast. What was the really slow bike? I'm assuming the R15 but we don't have those here. Is it a 150cc?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts