Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions about a brand new bike, I just purchased brand new, but being in Canada, its 0F/-17C today and there is snow on the ground so the dealer is storing for me for a while
Does the bike come with any accessories like a tool kit or other cool little accessories ?? if not what tools should i keep with me on the bike

Secondly what kind of break in is required on this puppy

lastly should i run regular gas or supreme from the pumps

thanks

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Search for break in. There are several threads. I added a small can of fix-a-flat to the hex wrench that comes with the bike under the seat. If you go cross country, you will want to carry your chain lube and some more tools in a pack. Use regular gas as it is cheaper and gets better mileage than premium and this bike has low compression so it doesn't need higher octane.

·
Registered
414 Posts
the manual says for 300 miles ride with slow acceleration and gentle breaking.
your tyres will also be at greatest risk of slipping when brand new so no crazy cornering just yet.
beyond that the shop told me not to ride above 6000 revs until the first 600 miles. this is actually pretty easy as long as i drive legally.

there is sum stuff under the seat but i haven't looked at what's there yet probably just a small spanner or 2

·
Registered
878 Posts
In Canada your bike should come with a tool kit. Did you get the two year warranty and the $250 discount on top of any dealer discount? Where in Canada are you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ontario yes i did get the exteneded warranty...havent really done much otehr than sit on it once and pay a down payment... shes in storage till spring cant wait

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Get the manual from the dealer and read it while you wait.

Every question is answered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts