Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi...I have been looking into getting a new 2012 cbr250r...I was wondering if these bikes are made to go 60mph...I was mostly concerned about how high the rpms would be at 60 and 90% of the time i ride it, i will be traveling 60 mph...Could this damage the engine of the bike or would it be safe to ride it at 60mph all the time? Thanks

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
No they are made to go 100mph.

60mph is not even in the fat part of the powerband, they are better at 75-90mph and will do it all day/ month for years on end with regular maintenance & oil changes.

Redline is 10,500, revlimiter is about 10,800 so good for over 100mph if you can get it there.
Its a Honda- It wont break.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
They would not make a bike that couldn't travel at highway speeds. Yes it is fine! I travel @ 70 on average every day!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ It's not 1200cc but this bike puts out enough power to really have a lot of fun while also getting to work on time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks...ill be putting about 50 miles on it per day and about 45 of them will be highway...how much would i have to worry about 20+ mph wind affecting the bike...will it slow it down a lot?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm a big boy in a very hilly area and mine cruises at 60 easy enough that if I'm not paying attention I'll look down and I'm going 70 or better! I need to be more careful before I end up with a ticket. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts