Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into changing my throttle tube to a quick turn kind.

I've sen comments about G2 throttle tubes, but they are kind of expensive at about $60.

I'm interested in learning more about getting the R6 stock throttle tube, as they are usually available for about $10.

When getting the R6 throttle tube, what year throttle tube should I get? Late model one works, or does it have to be a certain vintage.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I'm looking into changing my throttle tube to a quick turn kind.

I've sen comments about G2 throttle tubes, but they are kind of expensive at about $60.

I'm interested in learning more about getting the R6 stock throttle tube, as they are usually available for about $10.

When getting the R6 throttle tube, what year throttle tube should I get? Late model one works, or does it have to be a certain vintage.

Thanks
Can't tell you for sure, but they are different. Some are 1/4-turn while others are less - like 1/5-turn.

This one may be the right one, but I can't guarantee it - https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-2C0262400000-Grip-Assembly/dp/B005C59NO2

MotionPro makes one as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm using this one on my bike: Yamaha R6 Motion Pro 01-0094 (around $10 @ Ebay) It's used is several R6 models/years

No modifications, uninstall the original tube, remove the cap at the end on the new one, put everything together and adjust the cables' free play. You will love it.

Note: you may need to "shim" the new throttle tube to work with your current throttle grip. Just use some electrical tape, that will do the job for you. I always add a couple of racing wire loops to be extra safe * tie-wraps work too*.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using this one on my bike: Yamaha R6 Motion Pro 01-0094 (around $10 @ Ebay) It's used is several R6 models/years

No modifications, uninstall the original tube, remove the cap at the end on the new one, put everything together and adjust the cables' free play. You will love it.

Note: you may need to "shim" the new throttle tube to work with your current throttle grip. Just use some electrical tape, that will do the job for you. I always add a couple of racing wire loops to be extra safe * tie-wraps work too*.
Thanks for the info on the Motion Pro Part#. Just ordered one for just under $10!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to report back that the swap to an R6 throttle tube went smoothly and easier than expected.

I used the Motion Pro 01-0094 throttle tube as suggested. It was a direct swap. No mods other than the throttle tube itself was necessary.

The cams on the new throttle tube is noticeably bigger than the original. Can't wait to test it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to report back that the swap to an R6 throttle tube went smoothly and easier than expected.

I used the Motion Pro 01-0094 throttle tube as suggested. It was a direct swap. No mods other than the throttle tube itself was necessary.

The cams on the new throttle tube is noticeably bigger than the original. Can't wait to test it out.
Awesome, Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts