Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am a ceiling scrapping, jaw dropping, envy inspiring.... 5'5"

How will I fit on this bike? Going to look at them tomorrow but I just wanted to see if I could find out now.

Lastly, let me say this forum seems really great; filled with nice and helpful people.

·
Registered
83 Posts
im also 5'5 and im on my toes to touch the ground .. it doesnt take long to get used to and it was pretty hard to back up using your toes esp on an incline .. but i learned to just lean on one side and use the whole foot to back up .. other than that i had no problems with the height of the bike ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, is there a lowering kit for these bikes? I know I could drop a 600RR 3/4" w/o messing with geometry but what about the 250?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Probably not a good idea to drop it, heard it negatively effects handling. Im 5'6" and i tiptoe one foot at stops, you get used to it quick though.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'm 5'5" 110lbs. Find this bikes height no problem at all. There are lowering kits. Have yet to hear conclusively if the riders are experiencing any problems post installation. IMO, shd you purchase the bike, try riding for a bit before resorting to the kit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
u can lower the bike if you want but ride the bike before you do .. iono about the whole geometry .. theres some people here who has lowered their bikes ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I think I will prolly' be fine to not mess with lowering it. I am a gymnast (rings) so strength is no issue. Thanx a lot guys!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm 5'6" on a good day and the height is OK for me, if a bit of a stretch. I had another non-Honda 250 before I got the CBR and found the seat height on that to be much more agreeable to me, despite having the same specified measurement. Seat shape plays a part too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
At 5'5 you'll be fine. I have to tip toe it if I want both feet on the ground, but I normally lean to one side to flat foot for the extra support if need be

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm also 5'5 and I was having doubts about the bike. I was ready to order a lowering kit but after a couple of weeks of riding i'm glad I held off. I have absolutly no issue with the height and even though i'm new to riding it feels completely normal.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm a hair over 5'8", but only have about a 28-29 inch inseam. With that said, I can't flat foot on both sides (nor get both balls of my feet down at the same time) and thought it it might be an issue.

Long story short (no pun intended) it hasn't been at all. In fact, I can't even say I notice except when getting on and off the bike, and like Nativeflgirl mentioned I typically also lean it a touch at a stop so my left foot is flat, and my right is on the rear brake/peg.

·
Registered
414 Posts
im also 5'5 and im on my toes to touch the ground .. it doesnt take long to get used to and it was pretty hard to back up using your toes esp on an incline .. but i learned to just lean on one side and use the whole foot to back up .. other than that i had no problems with the height of the bike ..
i am 5'6 with 29" leg and this is what i do. this bike is perfect for short people

·
Registered
21 Posts
If a girl can ride a Hyabusa and she is freaking short I don't see why we guys are complaining out the 250 when its a quarter of a Busas weight. I got the Soupys lowering Kit complete if anybody wants to buy it. Never installed, brand new.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am 5'3 and am planning on lowering the bike 3/4 inch. I have been told that it is the lowest I can go that won't effect the dynamics of the bike enough to notice - and any more than that would be a pain to adjust the front of the bike along with the lowering kit in the back.

One thing to note - when they put the bike together they didn't put it on the lowest setting. That got me 1/4". I took out two circular pegs under the seat which got me another 1/4" or so. The lowering link will get me another 3/4" and I have 1/2" boots.

That takes care of that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got the Soupy's lowering link installed. I'm 5'4''. I could ride fine and got used to it at stock height. I could put both balls of my feet down but couldn't flat foot it. And backing out on a slope sucked b/c I wasn't stable. I dropped the back about 1 inch and the front .5 inch. It was really easy. And it's fully adjustable and can go back to stock height easily with the turn of a wrench. I'm glad I lowered mine but I like the fact that I can always go back to stock if I ever wanna do track days. And ppl that say it rides like crap are full of crap. Mine rides the EXACT same as it did before. But I also didn't lower it a drastic amount. Lowering it was extremely easy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does lowering change your rake/trail at all? I'm not sure what is exactly changing when lowering.. It would be nice to fully flat foot both sides and feel comfortable.. But if there are very adverse effects to doing this, I would rather just not mess with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dropped the back about 1 inch and the front .5 inch.
Curious why you didn't drop the front the same as the back? I am no engineer, but I would think that the bike would handle weight and stress better if it was evenly distributed to both front and back, like lowering a car. Just wondering if you don't think there are any negative effects to lowering each end differently and why you chose to do that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Curious why you didn't drop the front the same as the back? I am no engineer, but I would think that the bike would handle weight and stress better if it was evenly distributed to both front and back, like lowering a car. Just wondering if you don't think there are any negative effects to lowering each end differently and why you chose to do that.
I find this to be true, of all the lowering bike articles i've come across, they stress it's very important to keep front and rear identically even as you are drastically changing your handling characteristics by having a height difference front/rear.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I find this to be true, of all the lowering bike articles i've come across, they stress it's very important to keep front and rear identically even as you are drastically changing your handling characteristics by having a height difference front/rear.
Yeah. A lot of articles say to lower them equally but the reason I didn't is b/c with the forks at stock height, it already looked level. But I felt more comfortable with him dropping the forks at least .5 inch. As long as the back is level with the front you're good to go. Unless you plan on taking your bike to the track, lowering it hasn't affected the riding at all. If I didn't already order the lowering link, I could've kept it at stock height. But I personally would rather be able to back my bike out on it, rather than walk it. But that's just me. It's really personal preference. Lower if you want, or don't. And my friend who helped me is going for mechanical engineering just like me. I think we're good. lol.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My Triumph Daytona came with a lowering kit and allot of adjustments bringing it down from the 32.5 seat. I rode it that way for a few months, but didn't like the feel when it was moving, so I raised it back up to standard height for the last 4 years.

I am short at 5'6" with a 29" inseam and just got use to the stops. I could tippy toe on both sides or just slide off to one side to get one good foot down.

I sat on a CBR250R at a dealer a few weeks ago and immediately noticed how much lower the seat was. I don't believe anyone over 5'2" would have any issues.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts