Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
If I'm riding local, say to meet a friend for coffee or go shopping I wear whatever I have on, today shorts and a t-shirt. If I'm doing some serious riding I wear serious gear but I'm not a power ranger.

I ride my pedal bike a lot and feel safer on a motorcycle than I do on a bicycle. We're all adults, we know the risks, make our decisions, and live with the consequences.

Of course most accidents occur within a five mile radius of your home, that's where most trips take place.

·
Registered
256 Posts
For my daily commute (9km each way in downtown traffic) I wear all my gear (jacket, gloves, helmet, boots and jeans) except my armored pants - with the justification that it's only a 14 minute trip. Any other riding I'd wear the armored pants as well.

A recent close call and I'm thinking I'll be wearing the pants for all rides - have always subscribed to the principle that I"d rather have it and not need it rather than needing it and not having it.

Ride as you're comfortable, but for me I'd feel more than a little dumb if my gear was hanging up at home when I went down.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Why do some people always try and project their views onto others in these threads? I thought we were stating what we do, not forcing our views onto others. There's been several of these threads lately all with the same results.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The time spent putting on gear certainly outweighs the time spent as a burn victim.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Why do some people always try and project their views onto others in these threads? I thought we were stating what we do, not forcing our views onto others. There's been several of these threads lately all with the same results.
We missed you :)

Welcome back good buddy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME. PERIOD.
For me, this means A full face helmet with shield, full finger gloves, leather riding boots (with steel reinforcements in the toe, heel and shin), jacket with armor, and jeans. I also wear ear plugs to help with wind noise causing hearing damage over time.

But, that's just me... and you asked. ;-)

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you truly don't exceed bicycle speeds, dress as you would for a bicycle. 25 mph is pretty slow.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
49 Posts
It ultimately comes down to your preference and the risk/reward factor. Personally, I'll never ride without all my gear. 3 weeks into owning my cbr, I got hit 2 blocks from my house; I never even saw it coming. It was at a low speed, but enough to knock me and my bike over. It could have been a lot worse, but it acts as a very solid personal reminder that you never know what may happen.

Just my .02

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
If I'm riding local, say to meet a friend for coffee or go shopping I wear whatever I have on, today shorts and a t-shirt. If I'm doing some serious riding I wear serious gear but I'm not a power ranger.

I ride my pedal bike a lot and feel safer on a motorcycle than I do on a bicycle. We're all adults, we know the risks, make our decisions, and live with the consequences.

Of course most accidents occur within a five mile radius of your home, that's where most trips take place.

feliz, does this post mean you are back??????????????:D:D:D:D If so, welcome and I missed you:eek:

BTW.....I always wear gear. Sometimes I have wished I cld leave the gear behind but, I never do

·
Registered
86 Posts
Get up early

If its not worth putting on the gear to ride 5 minutes, I say get up early, put on the gear and make it a 30 minute ride. Trade your morning coffee for a wake up ride.

Then by all means, have the coffee!:eek:

·
Registered
878 Posts
feliz, does this post mean you are back??????????????:D:D:D:D If so, welcome and I missed you:eek:

BTW.....I always wear gear. Sometimes I have wished I cld leave the gear behind but, I never do
Missed you too, I appreciate you continuing to send me your used thongs. I just dropped by today, started posting and can't stop.

I always wear a helmet. I had to say something to get the boys in their pulpits ranting. The worst riders by far on the road period are the boy racers in their power ranger outfits.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'd rather gear up and feel hot than lose my skin, break bones which can occur while walking (just ask my neice) and have mush for brains lying in a vegatative state for the rest of my life which may last for eons.

Everyone who rides must make the right decisions for themselves. Of course we also must factor our loved ones. How wld they feel if we died? Or rack up medical bills? Wld we become a burden as our life time injuries require daily care form changing diapers to feeding tubes? Not all devastating crashes result from high speed.

This is my toonies worth, such as it is. No preaching.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Missed you too, I appreciate you continuing to send me your used thongs. I just dropped by today, started posting and can't stop.

I always wear a helmet. I had to say something to get the boys in their pulpits ranting. The worst riders by far on the road period are the boy racers in their power ranger outfits.
Go on.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

You are very welcome. I heard you take bribes so thought I'd send a few in hopes of enticing you back. Please note, the thongs were laundered in a gentle cycle and layed flat to dry to preserve the delicate fabric. :D

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Love the fragerance;)
Well.....what can I say???? Organza, by Givenchy. Expensive, but, it appears to have worked. We got you back:D

21 - 40 of 89 Posts