Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just got a quick question for you. My buddy is looking at a 1986 Shadow 1100. He has the money for it but I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile for him to buy something that is 25 years old? Are the shadows reliable enough that getting an older model is just as good as getting a newer one? He is a big boy so the CBR250 is out of the question for him and the CBR600s and 1000s are too pricy for him. I would love your feedback and opinions! Thanks.

·
1,305 Posts
as long as it well taken care of the it won't be an issue.

i love the look of the older shadows, how much is he paying?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1000 dollars. It has 20k miles and all it needs is a new battery. I've heard it run and it sounds amazing.

I like the older look as well. My brother-in-law had an 84 Shadow that he sold to buy a newer one a few years back. I'm sad to say I didn't have the money or I would have bought it from him haha.

·
1,305 Posts
cool, yeah i was gonna say unless its showroom condition i wouldn't pay more the $1.5k for it

but yeah, as long as its maintained then go for it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The only problem I ever had with that bike is the small gas tank (better than the 600 at least) combined with the less than stellar mileage. It makes for fill-ups every 100 miles or so which can be a hassle in some parts of the country.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
cool, yeah i was gonna say unless its showroom condition i wouldn't pay more the $1.5k for it

but yeah, as long as its maintained then go for it.
+1 ^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts