Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically right foot on the peg/brake.

I have only been on my CBR for about 30 minutes this morning. After about 20 minutes I stopped and immediately noted that my right shin was tight/sore ....shin, not calf.

I have figured that it seems easiest to ride with toes pointed out on both feet, then bring them in to shift or brake as needed.

I do have roadbike specific boots.

Do you guys have any advice for right foot position? Or do I just need to get used to it and move it around more often when riding to keep my shin from getting sore.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
most definitively ride with your legs-feet in the most comfortable position for you...then bring them in/move them to brake -shift as necessary...ill shift my feet a little on the foot pegs when i am out riding in the country...even moving an inch or so or turning your toes out or back in brings an "oh so good" feeling of relief after a while of being in the same position.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Could you be transfering too much weight to lower legs? I find hugging the tank with my thighs and support upper body with my core muscles I avoid leaning on lower arms and legs. The cbr has a slighter forward position than a cruiser so one notices weight transfer more. In time I think you will figure out what will work for you. Thx for responding to my side mirrors question. I enquired about the mirrors to my local powerhouse dealership and they think the cbr1000 part may fit our 250. Keep up the practice. Did you go out alone? Good on ya:D

Question; how high are your boots?Mid-shin? I owned a pair of boots that never did fit right. Super comfy on one leg but too tight in ankle area of the other. Ended up replacing them. Perhaps your boot is digging into your right shin??

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have found that my shins hurt when my calves are tight, like if I go for a hike and dont stretch, hate stretching. Tight calves pull on the shins.

·
1,305 Posts
i also ride with the ball of my feet on the pegs.
i wear mid shin length boots also

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My boots are mid shin and they are not the problem, I think it is me just getting used to the position. I do need to grip the tank more and work on core strength. Was just curious if any of you had experienced the same thing.

Live to ride: on the mirrors, just make sure they test fit before you buy. I am working with aftermarket mirrors, not the factory parts; so let us know what you find out. Mine are just a few mm to wide with the mounting bolts and don't mount from the top like our 250 mirrors do. I am looking at drilling out the mirror to fit my 250 vs modding my 250 for the mirror.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm comfortable. (33" inseam)

+The seat-to-pegs angle at the ankle is less radical on my CBR250RA than on my Spyder, and I find I'm far more comfortable keeping my toes above the brake pedal where they belong for quickest response time. (33" inseam and moto-specific boots.)
Try putting your butt a bit further back if there's room, though this impacts your arm/shoulder/back angle.

Try finding a happy medium WITH your foot over the brake pedal.

Ride on.
Roadkill

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
My boots are mid shin and they are not the problem, I think it is me just getting used to the position. I do need to grip the tank more and work on core strength. Was just curious if any of you had experienced the same thing.

Live to ride: on the mirrors, just make sure they test fit before you buy. I am working with aftermarket mirrors, not the factory parts; so let us know what you find out. Mine are just a few mm to wide with the mounting bolts and don't mount from the top like our 250 mirrors do. I am looking at drilling out the mirror to fit my 250 vs modding my 250 for the mirror.

Thanks for the update on the mirrors. I will definately make sure they are a right fit. My next project will be powder coating the rims. This will be shelved for a winter project. Only a few weeks of riding season here in Alberta Canada lol. Hows your riding going? Sorry you had a weiner of an instuctor during your MSF course. You rose above it though. Happy trails!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I move around. My seat might go from the tank to a couple inches back. This changes pressure points on my hands/wrists/shoulders. My feet go from the balls of the foot to the arch, just depending on how my seat is or how long I have been riding. I don't particularly like riding with my toes out, so I don't do it that often. (that's on ths sport bike, on my 230l I most always ride toes out.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
you should ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs. you don't want to accidentally snag your foot going around a turn and break your ankle

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll give it a try, no worries cause I won't be leaning that far for a while yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs. It keeps me from riding the rear brake, and it feels more natural to me.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs as well. You will learn in time what position will work best for you comfort wise. I do think however think that the most important tip to remember is gripping the tank with your thighs and knees. This will help eliminate transfering weight energy to the lower legs and also help in keeping you centered on your bike, especially when turning. You become "one with the bike".

·
Registered
269 Posts
i've seen plenty of squids come close to dragging toe just riding around on the streets. i think you get more control anyway though with the balls of your feet on the pegs, like riding a horse

·
Registered
148 Posts
I always ride with my right food resting on the brake--lightly enough that I don't brake or activate the light, but I like having it there so I can flash my brake light when engine breaking or if a car is following too closely. I have my brake light switch adjusted so I can flash it without actually braking.

Left foot varies, depends on which shoes I'm wearing at the time, but usually have anywhere from the balls of my feet to a couple inches back on the pegs.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You always ride a motorcycle with your legs, so the balls of your feet ,
and never with 'Duck feet'.. or one day you'll lose them.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
ALL articles support ball of foot, Its a motorcycle.

Read Keith Code.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I always ride with my right food resting on the brake--lightly enough that I don't brake or activate the light, but I like having it there so I can flash my brake light when engine breaking or if a car is following too closely. I have my brake light switch adjusted so I can flash it without actually braking.

Left foot varies, depends on which shoes I'm wearing at the time, but usually have anywhere from the balls of my feet to a couple inches back on the pegs.
Although I haven't been riding all that long, I will regurgitate some of the information that was shared with me that really stuck:

If you keep flashing your brake light at the car behind you, they might just get used to it and not stop when it really counts. (Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?) I prefer to use some sort of hand signal to tell them to back off, or just slow down until they either get off my tail or pass me. You don't really want those people behind you anyway.

Also, if your brake light comes on before you actually brake, then you won't know if you are riding around with your brake light on all the time. You think you are not pressing it hard enough, but can you really be sure?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts