Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, G2ergo.com's YZF-250 quick-turn throttle works on the CBR250R. It's $70 but is machined from aluminum and you can swap out the throttle cams later if you want. After loosening the throttle cables it was a direct swap and reduces throttle rotation quite a bit. I can now roll it wide open without my elbow dropping too much, which is beneficial in the twisties since it doesn't throw my body positioning off. Here's a link:

G2 Quick-Turn Throttle Tube

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Do you move your elbow when you throttle?

·
Registered
619 Posts
FYI, G2ergo.com's YZF-250 quick-turn throttle works on the CBR250R. It's $70 but is machined from aluminum and you can swap out the throttle cams later if you want. After loosening the throttle cables it was a direct swap and reduces throttle rotation quite a bit. I can now roll it wide open without my elbow dropping too much, which is beneficial in the twisties since it doesn't throw my body positioning off. Here's a link:

G2 Quick-Turn Throttle Tube
I was just thinking today, that is exactly what this bike needs. With my biggest gloves on, it is hard to get WOT. Even in summer, I only grab about 7/8ths. I probably won't change it, because I may want to teach some newbies (and I'm cheap and lazy,) but I don't need that really long pull.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, $70 isn't cheap, but there are other, more affordable quick-turn kits out there. Someone just needs to call the manufacturer and see if one is compatible.

Normally my elbow doesn't move when I roll the throttle WO, but that's on 600s etc. with 1/4-turn or less throttles. The CBR's throttle turns quite a bit further than that, and when going from off throttle to WO (without taking a moment to re-grip) my elbow does in fact drop quite a bit. When you're cranked over in a turn with your knee on the ground its beneficial to not have to worry about regripping, so I installed the G2 tube.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The ninjette forums have discussed a similar problem there. The solution was to superglue a nylon zip tie around the throttle tube to pull the throttle cable faster so WOT is easier. I have applied that to another bike changing it from a 50% to a 25% throttle for pennies.

For those on a budget a tube of superglue, 1 nylon zip tie and some time may be a solution for less wrist twisting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a solution that I had consdidered, but I don't like the thought of the zip-tie coming loose and causing the throttle to hang up. I also thought about building up the throttle cam with epoxy. In the end I went for the E2.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's a solution that I had consdidered, but I don't like the thought of the zip-tie coming loose and causing the throttle to hang up. I also thought about building up the throttle cam with epoxy. In the end I went for the E2.
I cant speak for others but what I did does not come loose (1 year or so of use), if it did you would have a couple inches max of zip tie around the throttle tube. I am unsure that it would cause a hang up but I can see that it is a possibility. Super glue works by melting the plastic together, which creates a fairly strong bond.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Interesting gizmo.

I always tell newbies that the right hand is suppose to be a rheostat, not an on/off switch but the 250 may be the exception to the rule :)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Interesting gizmo.

I always tell newbies that the right hand is suppose to be a rheostat, not an on/off switch but the 250 may be the exception to the rule :)
~looks for the 'Like' button~

Cornering requires precise modulation and not being choppy on the throttle.
Just checked it on my bike its about 1/6th closed to fully open.

'Twist of the wrist'
Keith Code knows his stuff.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Normally my elbow doesn't move when I roll the throttle WO, but that's on 600s etc. with 1/4-turn or less throttles. The CBR's throttle turns quite a bit further than that, and when going from off throttle to WO (without taking a moment to re-grip) my elbow does in fact drop quite a bit. When you're cranked over in a turn with your knee on the ground its beneficial to not have to worry about regripping, so I installed the G2 tube.

Mine only moves about 1/4, in fact just a bit less.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
~looks for the 'Like' button~

Cornering requires precise modulation and not being choppy on the throttle.
Just checked it on my bike its about 1/6th closed to fully open.

'Twist of the wrist'
Keith Code knows his stuff.
Holding it against the stop is the opitome of not being choppy :)

Whatever the actual rotation (I didn't measure it before) I found it to be too much. I dig the G2, as it reduces the rotation appreciably.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts