Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been asked before but what does the CBR 250((R)) stand for?

·
Registered
879 Posts
If its been asked before i cant rember it. Good question hope someone knows. I have heard on RR models it stands for Race Ready but that might be B.S.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Owners manual says CBR250RA

Owners card says CBR250RC

Which is it and then what does the RC or the RA mean? Is what i have been wondering!!!!!

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
City
Bike
Racer

It's why some people aren't happy that this low powered thumper was given the CBR name, as opposed to just the CB.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Rattler :p

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm only joking. How about "Real" as it's such a good bike for real everyday riding conditions. ;)
Very true. I just got home from a 30 minute commute in foggy, blustery, hail conditions.

It was 70 and sunny when traveling to work so I was not to happy with the conditions but the bike did well given the conditions.

·
Registered
63 Posts
City
Bike
Racer

It's why some people aren't happy that this low powered thumper was given the CBR name, as opposed to just the CB.
True, I have heard loads of people complain and say it isn't a real CBR. But they also don't own the new one either. I suspect is is a true CBR as if they take a look at GP racing this year Moto3 is all 250cc single cylined. I guess really Honda were looking forward to the future, not back at history :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's official, the R stands for Raptor. 2011 CBR 250Raptor. Sweet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts