Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got of the phone to Shock Treatment(.com.au) who import RT into Australia. They have front springs and emulators in stock.
Front springs rated .80kg/mm and above they have in stock, less than .80 (mine .75) ring and order for 2nd week in January, $149.
Emulators in stock, $209
Will install on and service front forks on the bike for $290($50 less if you take just the forks to them), book in and they will do the same day and you can watch as they do (if you like).

just an FYI, the front springs (#29380) fit the CBR250r and the Ninja 250 as well as some Harleys(which is why they keep the higher spring rate in stock), go figure.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
That's nice that you found a good shop. How did you decide which springs to try first? What are the stock front springs rated? That's interesting to know that the Ninja parts are the same. That will open up a whole world of already available parts as I'm sure there are many different companies making parts for the Ninja. I wonder if the rear shock would happen to be the same length/ ratio.
Just got of the phone to Shock Treatment(.com.au) who import RT into Australia. They have front springs and emulators in stock.
Front springs rated .80kg/mm and above they have in stock, less than .80 (mine .75) ring and order for 2nd week in January, $149.
Emulators in stock, $209
Will install on and service front forks on the bike for $290($50 less if you take just the forks to them), book in and they will do the same day and you can watch as they do (if you like).

just an FYI, the front springs (#29380) fit the CBR250r and the Ninja 250 as well as some Harleys(which is why they keep the higher spring rate in stock), go figure.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To get the spring rate I used the calculator on the Race Tech site, 65kg rider 160kg bike, came up with .765kg/mm so went with slightly softer .75. Stock front springs rated at .49kg/mm. RT have springs from .70 to .95.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:D Reac Tech springs and valves Im told work for both 250's and 160lbs or so riders :) BUT at the 250lbs they ARE NOT :eek:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know. Is the .49kg/mm calculated or did somebody measure them?
Again, that's RT's numbers not mine.

:D Reac Tech springs and valves Im told work for both 250's and 160lbs or so riders :) BUT at the 250lbs they ARE NOT :eek:
Actually Woolf, if you go to their site and use the calculator(250lb rider on a 350lb bike) it comes out at .918kg/mm and they make .90 and .95 so your in luck, just. Like I said, the place I'm getting mine stock them mostly for Harleys(same spring), and Harleys are heavy, and so are the riders usually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts