Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many late nights last week race prepping our new CBR, we took it to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson Tx, for its first race. Ryan Andrews won the E Superstock race (against 22 EX250s) by more than 5 seconds. Then we entered the CMRA 2 hour endurance race, and took the overall win by a full lap. We also set the fastest lap of the day by over 1.5 seconds. Thanks to Road and Track Suspension in san antonio tx for the suspension work, Kyle at M4 exhausts, and Dante @ Bazzaz for the late night tech support.

·
Registered
636 Posts
how much did all the mods increase the bikes perfomance from when it was stock? it seems the ceebee blew everyone out of the water!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Not bad at all for you bike's first venture on the track. Congratulations to the rider, and those who prepped the bike.

With such a good result it begs the question, "What next?"

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations,SWEEEEEEEEEEEET.WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PREP:) keep up the good SHOW:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I prepped it, and myself and Ryan Andrews rode it.
CONGRATS guys, that's a job well done! :D:D

I too have been beating Ninja 250s and an Aprilia RS125 at the racetrack (Nelson Ledges in OH and Beaverun in PA). I'm interested in your suspension tuning and Bazaaz. Currently I run stock suspension and have a HMF exhaust with a Dobeck fuel optimizer.

BTW, Honda is paying in my racing club and I've won nearly half the bike's purchase price in just 2 weekends. :):)

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is awesome!!

I cannot keep up with the Ninja 250's on the main straight, catch them like crazy in the corners then lose again on the back straight.. they definitely have a horsepower advantage on me!!! This is racing in the MRA in Colorado...

Now on my regular bike racing the same people I have no troubles putting them behind me... definitely frustrating as I want this Honda to take a podium spot!!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
How can it be racing Superstock with changes to suspension, exhaust and fueling??
I would have thought some modification allowed. Even stock allows limited modification.

The guy has achieved something positive. If you cannot offer some praise, at least give him a break, rather than making some cynical comment.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
No cynical comment at all. Well done to the guy and his team. Can I not inquire as to the terms of the race seeing as his description of the mods clash with the title of the race? Either there's leeway given to the mods or it was the second race mentioned that the modded bike was used. I apologize for asking.

Somebody always sees the glass half empty eh. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How can it be racing Superstock with changes to suspension, exhaust and fueling??
every organization may have slightly different rules as to the modification limitations to machines and the categories they fall into. Most however allow these type of mods in the superstock classes. Were pretty much limited to external, bolt on type modifications.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe 3 of the 4 Ninja 250s that I'm beating on the track are pre-2008 models. One younger kid is on a 2008+ and I bet as his skills improve he will catch me on the straights. The Aprilia RS125 runs away from me on every straight - I've beaten him 3 times but he beat me by a lot at our last race. It's frustrating to watch him pull away so easily.

If Honda doesn't pay $$ in my racing org next year I may buy a Ninja 250; in fact, I may buy one anyways.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you need more power. our bike is pretty much dead even with most of the 250s. all of them are 08 +, and there were a couple Aprilia 125's. we were faster than them in a straight line, and faster than an 85 in a 125 chassis.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts