Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody gotten the Racing Concepts exhaust? I've read that they offer the best performance gains. Im considering either RC or Yoshi. Any advice? Im more concerned with performance than asthetics, but would appreciate opinions on both. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
They are all roughly equal performance wise.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd also agree that most exhausts are prolly within .3 hp or less at X RPM.

I think the biggest performance gain comes from eliminating the catalytic convertor from the stock muffler.. the rest is up to your preference, sound and look from the exhaust.

I don't even know if there really is a cat inside the stock exhaust, i'm just assuming here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are claiming a 3 up increase. The system is around $300 plus shipping. They say that the closest competitor , Akropovik, is yielding a .9 hp increase. Just wandering if anyone has tried them and their thoughts ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
They are claiming a 3 up increase. The system is around $300 plus shipping. They say that the closest competitor , Akropovik, is yielding a .9 hp increase. Just wandering if anyone has tried them and their thoughts ?
I seriously doubt anybody will see a 3 HP increase from a full exhaust system.. People who are getting 3 HP more have had more mods in place to achieve it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd also agree that most exhausts are prolly within .3 hp or less at X RPM.

I think the biggest performance gain comes from eliminating the catalytic convertor from the stock muffler.. the rest is up to your preference, sound and look from the exhaust.

I don't even know if there really is a cat inside the stock exhaust, i'm just assuming here.

Yes there is a cat in the stock exhaust

·
Registered
261 Posts
Is this an Indian exhaust company? Seriously, is there a 3 hp gain? I doubt you would even find a dyno chart for this exhaust.

Reactions: pruthviraj

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lot of weight difference aswell I think the yoshi is about 5 kg lighter than stock.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
261 Posts
Guys go here and you will she about that company and people who run it.. dont wast your time and energy talking about that crap.

[Photo Feature]: "The Big Bore" - A Story about an R15 getting tuned. - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

all it needs is a ECU mod and remove the cat.. you will be happy you didn't spend on slip on
I feel reading all that in the link is the crappiest. Buying a new bike and doing all that voiding the manufacturer warranty is not smart you dumb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feel reading all that in the link is the crappiest. Buying a new bike and doing all that voiding the manufacturer warranty is not smart you dumb.
it seams that you were in such a hurry to post a reply.. if you read the post you will understand what i meant. that's exactly what you said. dont do anything to a new bike and dont ever go to RC since so many people got cheated by them.

if Indian customers are getting cheated, think about people placing order from outside India.

RC had cheated so many people and they pay website to advertize their brand.

One simple question is why on earth will they go to RC when there are so many better things available outside India.. ? RC slip on made .9bhp extra ?

check this out. 27bhp which is 5bhp extra.. :)
CBR250R Dyno - YouTube

If you really want power... find a better place or run it stock and enjoy it for a long time.

And HPLover we both are saying the same.. lol run it stock or find a better place

There is a company called racedynamics from were RC gets ECU mods and he imports cheap chines bore kit which wont last.

·
Registered
240 Posts
IMHO, just don't knock off things just like that; may be the product is genuine, may be not; may be it proves, may be not. We cannot conclude things unless we see it personally in action OR look at the genuine (not tweaked) output from a dyno.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
'RaceConcepts claim that the exhaust gives around 3 HP of power boost at the crank, which is significantly more than the Akrapovic system which offers 0.9 HP of power increase , they have been dyno tested, though RaceConcepts haven’t yet made the dyno sheets public.'

Indian HP that is,
produced from pure unadulterated indian equiine faecal matter.

Wont be swapping my Akrapovic for any exhaust thats for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
IMHO, just don't knock off things just like that; may be the product is genuine, may be not; may be it proves, may be not. We cannot conclude things unless we see it personally in action OR look at the genuine (not tweaked) output from a dyno.
I perfectly agree with you. after seeing so many people posting about the bad experience they had with RC I just wanted to warn people because i earn money the hard way and i cannot waste it on products which are crap and i expect others would be earning the same way and wont be happy wasting it....

I also agree business is to make money but it will be better if people dont get cheated and fooled. Importing parts and selling it saying they developed it is not a good way of doing business.

And a Re bore is considered as a big mod... even a local mechanic can do re bore and put a big piston.

Here is a True user review of RC.

RC = re bore + race dynamics ECU resale + a little welding on the cylinder head to increase compression called as the cylinder head magic and valve grinding or porting :)

Any mechanic can do that and you dont have to be a engineer to do this. if they really are engineers then why not play with cam timing and ignition timing ?

All that RC mod will cost 35k with a local mechanic and runs at least for a year but if you do it at RC for 70k, it will run for 1400km/s and you will be stuck on the road when you try to open up the throttle to have a little fun.

XBHP was always supporting him till now. My be RC forgot to send them cheque for this year he he he.

Hope this cheat is kicked off the water soon. if he is really doing a good job, i will be the first one to appreciate him. i am not running any mechanic shop and i get nothing out of putting him down. so i have nothing personal against him. and i also would say he has nice ideas which is good but when it comes to mod he is just a business man. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
You are dumb. If my bike can become a better bike I will make it better on day one (or after the first service to check if the bike is good), not after N number of years.

Sorry, didnt want to be rude, but you were insisting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I perfectly agree with you. after seeing so many people posting about the bad experience they had with RC I just wanted to warn people because i earn money the hard way and i cannot waste it on products which are crap and i expect others would be earning the same way and wont be happy wasting it....
Can you please share some bad reviews on RC? I have read a lot of good stuff on his R15 and Pulsar kits. I.e. other than costs - which is something that a customer can decide.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Can you please share some bad reviews on RC? I have read a lot of good stuff on his R15 and Pulsar kits. I.e. other than costs - which is something that a customer can decide.
Hey Jalva, the link is posted in the previous page; BTW you understand charts better than videos don't you? Just like you, we're all waiting for the charts too :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts