Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ride in wet conditions like I do, accelerated corrosion may be an issue. I am constantly figuring out how to prevent rust from occurring. Most of the time I have been reactive.

Here are some things I have discovered:

I put a little waterproof grease on the little bolts that hold the panels on and they seem fine now.

Water can pool in the swing arm, especially if you use yoshi spools. I plan on spraying a little amsoil metal protector in there.

When I was attempting to put on new sliders (fail!) I noticed that the bolts through the engine block were galled and corroded slightly. It is called galvanic corrosion. This happens between stainless steel and aluminum on my sailboat. One at a time I removed and put high temperature anti-seize on all of the bolts that hold the engine in the frame. It was simple because at least one bolt was holding the block in alignment on either side and all the bolts were easy to get to.

One of these days, I'll do the same to the little 8mm bolts in the block.

Any tips that you have discovered?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mud flap. Yes seen what i just typed. The front tire throws so much water & dirt on the motor area i had to add one while its raining around here. next the rear. I ride rain or shine & so I dont care what it looks like. As long as it keeps the bike clean im happy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts