Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought a lowered CBR250 and want to raise it back to stock height.

I loosened bottom triple, top triple, handlebar pinch bolts... raised the front-end using a jack, until the stop-ring at the top of the forks lined up with the top of the handlebars, then tightened everything together. It "looks" like that's the correct height.

Can someone with a stock 250 measure how much of the stanchion (the chrome part of the fork) is exposed between the lower triple clamp and the top of the fork seal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just curious I bought a 2012 with the same configuration. I have actually grown to like it and I feel it simulates a stiffer suspension setup. Did you notice anything strange while it was lowered?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not "too much" difference now that it's raised back to stock height (I think).

I would appreciate if someone with a stock cbr250 could take some measurements to see if I've raised it correctly.

When lowered, turn-in was quicker, but not by much... and the feeling that I was too scrunched up in the saddle.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Seeing nobody else has replied, I've just measured mine. 2011 non abs stock ride height I've got 113mm on both sides. Bottom of the triple clamp to the top of the fork seal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seeing nobody else has replied, I've just measured mine. 2011 non abs stock ride height I've got 113mm on both sides. Bottom of the triple clamp to the top of the fork seal.
Hey Bods, thanks so much for checking. I just went and measured mine:

• bike upright, no weight on it
  • 93mm on both sides, bottom of the triple clamp to the top of the fork seal
Mine's the ABS model, but I figure the measurements should be identical to yours.

To raise it another 2cm, I'm guessing I can loosen the lower triple bolts, jack the bike up a bit, tighten again.

If anybody else has the time to measure theirs, it would be great to get a few other data points.

Thanks again Bods.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No worries. I should have said that was leaning on the side stand with the steering locked. If I get time today I'll try a measurement with it upright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts