Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Why would you want to raise the stock bars?
They are ridiculously high, you have to bend your elbows way too much and cannot weight the front end or get over the bike to countersteer properly.
Some people don't race their bike. They use it as a daily driver and therefore prefer a more upright position.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am considering getting Helibars, wrist comfort is fine its my back that feels it.
The bike doesnt have mean leaning foward enough to straighten out my back or upright enough either.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I am considering getting Helibars, wrist comfort is fine its my back that feels it.
The bike doesnt have mean leaning foward enough to straighten out my back or upright enough either.
How tall are you? You may need lower bars to straighten out your back.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm wondering about the differences between the Heli bars and Hurricane system. The Heli bars look simple in that no new cables are needed, not so sure if that would be the case with the Hurricane system. I'm just wondering if 1 1/2" higher and 1+ more rearward would make a noticeable difference. Difficult to tell not actually having them.
If they did make a difference, that would go a long way in increasing my comfort and enjoyment with this bike.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I dug into the Hurricane web site a little more and came up with this:
Moves up 40 mm (1.574")
and back 30 mm (1.18")

The Heli bars move up 1.5"
and back 1.25"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the pointer to Helibars; been using them on the VFR750 back in the day; also on the Ducati ST2 more recently. Glad to see they're out for the CBR!

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts