Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i went to the service center and had them make the bike naked infront of me. everything seemed to be in their respective places and nothing much of a problem... the rattle was being created by the fuel tank bolt in the front.
because of this bolt being loose, it was somewhat vibrating in small bumps and touching the metal of the frame. due to this the noise seemed to be coming from the windscreen and the headlight.
very happy to see honda nepal giving full customer satisfaction..

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Depending on how you did the headlight/front.....this could be a good looking naked bike!!!

Glad you sorted out your issue. I may have the same rattle as others, but I will wait till first service and ask them about it. Not very optimistic though, as the service guy at my dealership didnt act like he knew alot about these 250s. I need to take it to them anyway, because my mode and reset buttons on the dash do not work. They havnt worked since day 1, but I havnt wanted to get off her long enough to have it checked lol.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Depending on how you did the headlight/front.....this could be a good looking naked bike!!!

Glad you sorted out your issue. I may have the same rattle as others, but I will wait till first service and ask them about it. Not very optimistic though, as the service guy at my dealership didnt act like he knew alot about these 250s. I need to take it to them anyway, because my mode and reset buttons on the dash do not work. They havnt worked since day 1, but I havnt wanted to get off her long enough to have it checked lol.
have you tried pressing them down with some sort of instrument like a ink pen head or anything? Mine are very hard to press down without something like a key maybe..

·
Registered
137 Posts
I havnt....I just used as much force as I could with my finger. I will try to use something this afternoon. I would at least like to get the clock set. Thanks for the tip, I will update if it works.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine are the same, I have to press the buttons with my nail, HARD. But they do work.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the advice, guys....it worked!! I used an ink-pen and got it to work, after that my finger works fine on them now. I just had to break them in lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great to know you got it sorted.

Ride on!
thanks alot.. bt ryt a new thought is coming to me.. Here in nepal, we have the cbr's that are made in india. but the honda company has two bikes that were originally imported form thailand as display models for the showroom.
One of them is on sale ryt now for NRs. 5 lakhs. i want that model now because it seems the thai model has more power and better build quality..
The second piece is a bumper prize. as soon as the company sells 150 bikes, there will be a lucky draw among the 150 customers and one will get the bike..
sounds cool.. :)

·
Banned
379 Posts
I wonder if that is the same cause of the rattling of our Thai made bikes? I tried putting some double sided foam tape between the top of my headlight and the fairing but it didn't work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
today i went to the service center and had them make the bike naked infront of me. everything seemed to be in their respective places and nothing much of a problem... the rattle was being created by the fuel tank bolt in the front.
because of this bolt being loose, it was somewhat vibrating in small bumps and touching the metal of the frame. due to this the noise seemed to be coming from the windscreen and the headlight.
very happy to see honda nepal giving full customer satisfaction..
What did they do?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
They tightened the bolt shown in the picture. If that doesn't work, I'd cut another rubber washer to install below the metal washer, using an old, heavy-duty inner tube.

Reactions: TX_Dj
1 - 12 of 12 Posts