Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Really slow CBR 250 !

9K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Rory_L 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I bought my new CBR 250r and now have first problem.

Actually have 1620km and my bike is really slow ( like slug )!

I am body-builder have 110kg ( with moto equipment 120kg ) and my top speed is only cca 130 km/h?

Can someone help me, and tell me why?

Thank

( Sorry about english )

#2 ·
The little motor is possibly not strong enough to go much faster with that much weight. Your a good 60lbs heavier then most of the guys riding them. I mean no offense by that as you make it sound like it's all muscle hehe.

#3 ·
Hi RomanStrike. You have about 30kg on me and I max out around 135 km/h if I don't tuck. When I get tucked in behind the windscreen I can almost get to 150km/h.

Doesn't sound like a problem; just that the little single cylinder doesn't have any more to give.

#4 ·
You're well under load weight, and I'm sure some folks who've ridden double will tell ya that it will accelerate just fine with some weight on it. Maybe shifting too early or not rolling on the gas enough is a problem? If not, then it could just be a loose throttle cable or something of that nature, but you shouldn't have any issues getting it to scoot like ya want it.

#5 ·
well 130km/h is about as fast as i've gone on this bike and your about 30kg heavier than i am. felt like with some time it could definitly have gone faster.
speed limit here is 96km/h on the fastest highway ive been on though so i was already speeding... i don't see myself ever going over 135 on this bike. but ive only been riding for 2.5 weeks, so maybe that will change later.

#15 ·
Max I've gotten is around 148-150kph on flat, and I my weight is 95kg without gear. That was in 6th (have 13T front).

#16 ·
I'm 6 foot 72 inches and around 190 I can get it to 90-97 on flat 105 mph going down hill in a full tuck. Non tuck about 85 ish depends on wind and if bags are included with 2 up about 350 total pounds 75 is the top I have ever hit no reason to go faster with 2 up. Honestly I never needed to hit above 85 for any reason the idea of see top speed was a closed AMA track with an hell of a strait on the side 3 miles of pure road. The 105 was a fluke was out riding in the hills of WV nothing on the road but me and the air and beautiful moon light. I just turned the throttle and went was a perfect day for it. I would never do it with another car on the road and I had more gear on then a feel like listing. This is a small motorcycle your not going to break records for speed on it get a RR if you like playing. This was built to be a point a to point b bike enjoy the ride if your not getting out of it what you want look at maybe changing your intake a little or muffler and a fuel controller. If that still doesn't cut it look at your gears after that just get a bigger bike. In the mean time enjoy the ride be safe and go form there. I do not for any reason suggest trying to push top speed those speeds are me just playing around and seeing what I can truly do for my own self please don't try to match them I wouldn't suggest it unless you have more then a few years of ridding under your belt and some race training like AMA/moto. Better to learn form a pro and watching a tape of yourself then learn form a repair bill and or pain.

#17 ·
cycle world measured top speed level surface
87mph - 140kph..

speedometer readings vary..
non level surface would yield more
downhill, less uphill, as would riding
position, head or tail winds, 70kg rider
or 70kg rider + 50kg load, or 130kg rider..

ie, beyond gearing and power to drive thru it
there are many variables involved in top speed..

even high or low air pressure in tires
slightly changes gear ratios thus speed..
speedometers are also only a guide
and can be optomistic..

at the risk of being a 'chest puffing guru'
it comes down to what the motorcycle can do
and what you as a rider can do, comfortably
safely and without unnecessary stress
to the machine or to the rider..

its only a number after all..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.