Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a bag on the back of their bike yet?

im looking at this

it looks like it will fit on ok but i've never rode with a bag on the back and dont know what to expect or if they cause/have any issues. i currently ride with a tight strapped back pack...

·
281 Posts
Pharm, I currently have a nelson-rigg tailbag which I have been real pleased with..it is a model they no longer have and the material itself provides the stiffness rather than an insert. With the narrow width of the CBR at the back you may want to look at something like the motocentric roll bag which would also give you decent capacity. Unless you want to use these with saddlebags..you could mount the motocentric length wise and thus avoid the side overhang. If you got saddlebags..and not sure how well that will work with the CBR, then you can mount the rollbags as one normally would because you won't care about the overhang. One final thought: you want whatever bags you get to mount very securely so as not to be flopping around back there...very annoying and I think unsafe with shifting loads........Keep us posted!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot!!! its something i've been pondering and i just started looking. i'll keep my eye out, im not rushing i hope to have one by maybe september or so.

BTW: im not sure why the title came out that way,i deleted it when i went to create a new thread but it auto populated or something!

·
745 Posts
Pharm, don't know if it will work for you, but the Cortech Mini tank bag seems to work well for me. Here's a pic:

By the way, i washed the bike last night, so naturally the lawn people had to blow crap all over it today...

·
745 Posts
Yeah, if you edit your topic it inserts that "Year Make Mode" mess in front of it each time. You have to delete it out. MODS?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahhahaha, looks good luke, thanks!

im not very familiar with tank bags, definitely something i should consider as well

·
281 Posts
Pharm, check out motorcycle-superstore.com.......These guys are my go to people for all things moto. They have incredible selection of bags...check it out.

·
745 Posts
There are advantages to both..

Tank Bag:

• Easy to grab and carry - doesn't have to be detached like a tail bag.
  • Doesn't raise the leg-over height
  • Doesn't compromise your passenger area
  • Not in the way when riding, even for guys with short arms (I resemble that remark)
  • Map pocket for long distance
Tail bag:

• Not easy to grab and run (only matters if you plan to leave the bike unattended with the bag in place. If you use the tether strap - i do - maybe not so much an issue)
  • No chance of scratching the tank (the bag i have has a really nice soft lining next to the tank, but the magnets could always suck up a piece of sharp ferrous metal)
  • Most tail bags have more space than tank bags. i tried several tank bags, but the Mini was about as big as i wanted to go.
As with everything else you have a ton of choices - Good luck with the decision!

Luke

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pharm, check out motorcycle-superstore.com.......These guys are my go to people for all things moto. They have incredible selection of bags...check it out.
Cortech also makes a nice set of sport saddle bags and matching top bags - i may invest in those down the road.
There are advantages to both..

Tank Bag:

• Easy to grab and carry - doesn't have to be detached like a tail bag.
  • Doesn't raise the leg-over height
  • Doesn't compromise your passenger area
  • Not in the way when riding, even for guys with short arms (I resemble that remark)
  • Map pocket for long distance
Tail bag:

• Not easy to grab and run (only matters if you plan to leave the bike unattended with the bag in place. If you use the tether strap - i do - maybe not so much an issue)
  • No chance of scratching the tank (the bag i have has a really nice soft lining next to the tank, but the magnets could always suck up a piece of sharp ferrous metal)
  • Most tail bags have more space than tank bags. i tried several tank bags, but the Mini was about as big as i wanted to go.
As with everything else you have a ton of choices - Good luck with the decision!

Luke

·
Registered
619 Posts
the luggage for the baggage. I keep my stuff in the tank bag and bring it with me, I put my shopping in the tail bag. Looks awkward in this picture but the tank bag works great for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently purchased the Cortech sport tail bag. I read the reviews and poked around the net to see how it looked on other sport bikes (ninja, GSXR, etc) and it seemed to fit the bill in looks, performance, and price. It also has an option to add saddle bags (Cortech tri bag system) to the original tail bag and has build in expansion areas that make the bag bigger once the zipper is undone.

Unfortunately, due to my gloves coming from another warehouse, shipping was delayed about 3 days so I won't get the bag until Wednesday, but I'll post pictures and a review once I get it.

Until then, here are a couple of videos I found to look at:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The cotech sport tail and saddle bag system works great. I also got hte magenetic mini cortech tank bag.
All of it is recommended.
The saddle bags can be popped off and then there is a carry handle.
There is a carry handle on the tank bag and also on tail bag.
I usually put a shoulder strap on the tail bag then just carry the saddle bags in one hand and the tank bag in the other. The tank bag can be tossed into the tail bag or saddle bag to free up another hand.
As i said I love my cortech gear.
The saddle and tail bag system all join together. It cost me 200 and the tank was another 75.
It seems a little steep but when I compared it to having to take the car on a nice day because I wanted to pick up a few things at the store or the convenience of being able to take the bike then go for a ride after, it was well worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
CBR600 Throw over Honda Bags

Someone posted the link to Honda.au and on it had 17L throw over bags for the CBR600. I think they would work for the 250. Now I'm drooling as their site as so much more cool stuff than the stupid American site. I wonder if they'll ship??? Hmmmmmmm.........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anybody doing anything with hard side luggage? I've checked out Pelican, Givi, SHAD, Sw-MOTECH, etc.

·
Registered
619 Posts
A guy here made some racks for his givi bags. He posted some good pictures, I forget the name of that folder, though.

Sure would like to hear your impressions of the CBR VS VTR250, I'm still temped to buy one of those sometimes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts