Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guyz,

Did someone else already experience accident of losing a nut in their Rear Cushion?

Im so mad that the bike suddenly stop and I slided on the right side because my rear cushion suddenly drop.

There is light scratches on my right fairings,right mirror, right signal light and muffler heat guard.

The bolt#8 suddenly drop and the nut#13 is nowhere to be found when im driving in the city around 20-25 Kph. Imagine what will happen if Im running at 40-70 Kph city driving then the bike suddenly stop. :confused:

Is it really possible that lock nut #13 on bolt#8 can easily be loose?
OEM Parts Honda CBR250R 2011 REAR SHOCK ABSORBER - Cheap Cycle Parts

I service my bike last monday for tune-up and change oil for 5Km ODO, I cant help thinking if the mechanic did something about the rear cushion and forgotten to tighten it back.

I wasn't able to re-install back my Yoshimura Frame Slider.
I repaired it since my last slide on a Parking Area on a Shopping Mall due to oil slip.

Due to this incident, i will including this rear cushion nut and bolt in my inspection checklist before riding my bike.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Seems odd but thanks for the heads up. Out of interest, ShiMa what country are you in? Just wondering if yours is made in India or Thailand, as it seems the India-produced bikes have more quality control issues overall.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I was reading this wondering how a nut in the seat cushion could cause an accident?? LOL Plus what is a nut doing in the seat cushion anyway?? After I looked at the diagram I realized what he was trying to say.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems odd but thanks for the heads up. Out of interest, ShiMa what country are you in? Just wondering if yours is made in India or Thailand, as it seems the India-produced bikes have more quality control issues overall.
Im from Philippines and my unit is from Thailand.

I just have to repaint my fairings this December together with my Yoshimura-Bazzaz Project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts