Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I dropped my bike and now i think the rear frame is bent. The right pointy thing at the end is raised a little but there are no scratches on it and the plastic around the tail light is off center.

When it dropped the front footrest broke, the fr indicator broke, the rear footrest got scratched and the exhaust cover got scratched.

Pls help me figure out what to do. I am sooo gutted...

·
Registered
706 Posts
If the frame is bent then it should go through insurance. They will total it out instantly.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just bend it back so your seat sits flat. It might take a little figuring how to do it yourself. the shop guys could probably do it for you, when you take it in for service.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I really think other parts are going to give out before you bend the frame. Take it apart to see if it the plastic may just shifted around. As for the pillion handle, careful trying to rebend, cast aluminum can break easy

·
Registered
576 Posts
my rear handles were misalighned when i bought my bike.
i just took the passenger seat off and loosened the bolts to staighten
things out.very easy with a socket and wrench.
that plastic rides in a premolded grove as most trim does.
should snap back in place with little trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Isn't he discussing the subframe anyway? Usually they can be tweaked back (need lots of leverage) if it can't be disassembled and re-installed. Disassembly is the preferred approach.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I highly seriously doubt you tweeked,warped bent or even came close to doing a single thing concerning the frame even the tiniest smidgeon from simply dropping your bike on its side..

Most likely you just warped the plastic cover on the rear end a bit..taking off the rear seat and a little bit of tinkering and adjusting should fix that up easy..a rubber mallet will fix the pillion handle.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Even if it is the frame, a competent frame bender can do it for $250, a far cry from totalling the bike. Probably just the plastic or rear sub-frame, though, purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your replies. since the rear handles are bolted on to the frame and it wasn't scratched. I think the rear foot rest took the brunt of the force bending the frame.

I think it's best to take it to the dealer and have it looked at, but it's in another town. I'll post the outcome here after. Thanks again to all.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Let us know what your dealer says about this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts