Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, mailman loaded me up on deliveries today so I'm out modding the CBR. I just finished the front LED turn signals and PIAA Sports horn, now I'm onto the rear turn signals.

You guys have any insight into getting at the rear turn signals? I know thye are identical to the front housings, but I am hoping I don't have to tear down the whole rear fender to get at them.

I am keeping the stock rear fender, just replacing the signals with LED housings.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Honestly, to get the the wires is a fair mission, I think it will be just as easy to tear down the whole rear end to access them, the wires are hidden under the tail light area.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
4 pins

The rear piece of the fender comes right off easy. two round pins and two that have a slot shaped release. Push the center of the pins in until they click and take them out. the tail piece of the fender can then be removed to reveal the connectors for the lighting and the diagnostic plug. reset the pins to the installation position with the center sticking out to reinstall. the slot pins require spreading the ends instead of squeezing them as you would think, in order to reset.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear piece of the fender comes right off easy. two round pins and two that have a slot shaped release. Push the center of the pins in until they click and take them out. the tail piece of the fender can then be removed to reveal the connectors for the lighting and the diagnostic plug. reset the pins to the installation position with the center sticking out to reinstall. the slot pins require spreading the ends instead of squeezing them as you would think, in order to reset.
Thanks sendler! Got my project for tomorrow, along with adjusting the rear brake switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts