Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. From a few weeks, the rear seat cannot be removed. The entire key mechanism fails to latch. I can't even use the inbuilt helmet lock, making it difficult for me to store the helmet at public places. I'm unable to open it and recently, the battery died. It even fails to provide starting voltage.

Please help! Any workaround solutions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
851 Posts
, the rear seat cannot be removed. The entire key mechanism fails to latch.
Under the back seat is the rear cover (over the rear wheel). Remove the two plastic rivets, and you can pull the cover out. At this point you will be given access to the two screws that connect the locking mechanism to the chassis, loosen them, and the seat will come loose with it(while still connected to the cable).
A second option is to go under the seat with a metal hook and pull the operating handle of the mechanism.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
recently, the battery died. It even fails to provide starting voltage.
Do you have trickle charger? Keep battery on it overnight.

Then follow this troubleshooting guide to see if charging-system is charging up battery properly: Electrosport-FaultFindingDiagram.pdf

You may also have wiring-short somewhere that's causing parasitic drain on battery when bike is off.

·
Registered
851 Posts
troubleshooting guide
This is the one and only one troubleshooting diagram (By Honda & TK).
Yes, obviously, you start with the test of the CURRENT LEAKAGE
And then...4 more advanced (& SIMPLE) tests marked in the diagram inside the red frame.
All you need is a $3 multimeter.
Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Circle

• Helpful
Reactions: Mory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE : I had to pry open the rear seat by pulling it upwards from the latches near the rider seat. When there was a little wiggle room, i stuck my hand in and manually unlatched the release mechanism. Turns out, the cable which was supposed to un-latch the mechanism, had become loose overtime. I actually wanted to replace the battery as it went dead, so had to do all this circus. Thanks for all the tips.

Also, while i had reached the battery side, i decided to check the fuse box as well. Turns out, there was a 30A fuse among all the 10A fuses (10A-10A-10A-10A-10A-30A). Gotta install all the new 10A fuses. Maybe this was the reason for the dash to restart randomly when riding.

PS : @Tamir : You had suggested to remove the rear wheel cover by pulling off the 2 rivets. Did that, there's no use. The entire mechanism was bolted into a strap welded to the rear section, which can only be accessed by removing the pillion seat. Thanks for the help tho.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks for the update
I had to pry open the rear seat by pulling it upwards from the latches near the rider seat. When there was a little wiggle room, i stuck my hand in and manually unlatched the release mechanism.
Surprising to hear how flexible these plastics are!!! Good idea, well done!
Maybe this was the reason for the dash to restart randomly when riding.
No, there is no connection between a wrong 30A fuse and a restart of the dash.

Reactions: DannoXYZ

·
Registered
555 Posts
Also, while i had reached the battery side, i decided to check the fuse box as well. Turns out, there was a 30A fuse among all the 10A fuses (10A-10A-10A-10A-10A-30A). Gotta install all the new 10A fuses. Maybe this was the reason for the dash to restart randomly when riding.
Possibly related, but not directly. The 30a fuse may not have blown with too much current like 10a fuse would. Thus allowing even more current to flow. This may have overheated power wire and melted insulation. Causing a short. Then with jiggling during riding, this short may make momentary contact and disrupt power to dash, causing it to restart.

So real cause of your dash restarting is a wiring problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts