Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so anyone here want to fill me in on the Pitbull stands bs everything else?

I know Harbor Freight has some decent stands and Cycle Gear has a lower priced one as well.

I plan on stopping by Cycle Gear on my way home and am wondering if I should just spend the money on the PitBull stand.

I did order the Yoshimura rear spools.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i think pitbulls are guaranteed for life? they're pricey but nice and reliable stands. you can get other good rear stands for less tho

if you get a front stand though they make a really dope one that can convert to be under yolk or fork stand

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm looking at rear stands as well and I really don't know what to look for. If I don't have the rear spools from Yoshi what should I be looking at?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm looking at rear stands as well and I really don't know what to look for. If I don't have the rear spools from Yoshi what should I be looking at?
you should be able to get some cheap spools from just about any shop. i feel like the bike is more secure when it's held up on the spools rather than the swingarm

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just a headsup CycleGear.com has Trackside stands on a ridiculous sale. I got a front and rear for under $100 today. They are going fast...

Edit:

Here's a pic...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yoshimura makes some beautiful spools (with bearings) that fit and replace the drive chain adjustment screw caps on the very end of the swingarm. Nicely made and work pefectly.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've owned Pitbull front (stem lift) & rear stands for about 6 years now and can't say enough good things about them.

Top quality. Made in the USA. That probably doesn't mean squat to our friends accross the pond but I liked supporting a home soil company (because their quality is worth it). They are made tough. They are built strong.

My rear stand is the standard Non-spool type. It lifts from the bottom of the swing arm. The nubs, arms, pads, waht ever you want to call them adjust in or out to become wider or narrower.

Adjusted as far out as it could go it just fit my Buell. Adjusted as far in as it will go it just fits the little Honda.

Front stand works perfect. I just had to order a standard pin with a #1 adapter for it and it's the bees' knees :

·
Registered
354 Posts
Metalstorm, you pick the cbr up at the steering head?
I have pitbull, I called them and they told me the universal rear I selected was finne, but they told me for the front to order a bmw, and they did not have a new lift adapter for the cbr.
I like the stands, but I want to be able to pull the forks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Metalstorm, you pick the cbr up at the steering head?
I have pitbull, I called them and they told me the universal rear I selected was finne, but they told me for the front to order a bmw, and they did not have a new lift adapter for the cbr.
I like the stands, but I want to be able to pull the forks.
I had to replace my forks on mine. I used the DMP S-Spec triple tree stand from ebay. Cost my $80 works like a charm. Just have to becareful as the brake line is in the way and you have to move it. You might also need a larger pin, I got the 20mm one and I think its still a size to small but works. You might be able to get away with the ones it comes with even tho they are a bit smaller, the bike was still sturdy.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Brian, Yes the stand lifts the bike from the stem (head)
I took a socket that fit snugly inside the bike's stem and measured the outside diameter with a micrometer.
I sent the measurement to Pitbull and they told me it looked like their standard pin with a #1 adapter should fit it which stands to reason because many Hondas use this.

So I ordered it and at first I thought I made a mistake because it wouldn't fit correctly. Then I noticed a little grub screw that holds the adapter on was sticking out a bit. Once I turned it in so it was flush, it fit perfect.

When on the rear and front stand, my bike is very stable. Very solid.

·
Registered
354 Posts
So eactly which front stand are you using, pitbull did not know of anything that fit the CBR250 front. If you remember the aplication.
Pitbull needs to see the photos. Looks good and solid.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Looking at their website I'd say it's F0031-000, Newfront Stand
I assume it's the same as mine because it's the only stand they have that lifts at the stem rather than the forks.

Then you need F0001-053, Standard Pin with Adapter #1

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the responses!

I ended up with the Pitbull stand. It is really well built.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks Metalstorm, I thought it was the 2 piece. They have some that lift the fork end, then you add the upper for the stem lift. they call the adapter forklift converter.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the heads up FlipKickz! I just ordered a set with a day to spare before the sale ends. $110 shipped, about 1/2 of what the Pit Bull would have run. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've owned Pitbull front (stem lift) & rear stands for about 6 years now and can't say enough good things about them.

Top quality. Made in the USA. That probably doesn't mean squat to our friends accross the pond but I liked supporting a home soil company (because their quality is worth it). They are made tough. They are built strong.

My rear stand is the standard Non-spool type. It lifts from the bottom of the swing arm. The nubs, arms, pads, waht ever you want to call them adjust in or out to become wider or narrower.

Adjusted as far out as it could go it just fit my Buell. Adjusted as far in as it will go it just fits the little Honda.

Front stand works perfect. I just had to order a standard pin with a #1 adapter for it and it's the bees' knees :
Yeah, when I saw it next to the other stands, it is really well built and much stronger. Sales guy said the advantage to them is the larger wheels that help with leverage.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trackside rear paddock stand is on sale now at 1/2 off for $45 from cyclegear.com. I have this stand at it works nicely with the well made Yoshi spool set. My stand is reverseable for use with spools or under the swingarm. The spools work better and look cool.

Michael

1 - 20 of 42 Posts