Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a rear stand mostly for chain maintenance, not for long term storage (since I ride year-round) and came across this on ebay:

NEW BIKE REAR MOTORCYCLE SWING ARM STAND PADDOCK STAND | eBay

Any reason why this would NOT work on our CBR? Looks like it will hold it right on the swing arm and not need spools.

$37 seems to be a steal.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You have to check if it will clear the muffler with the adjustments. CBR users have good success with the Posse stand, which is what I ordered.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i've got one the same as that, if you put it kinda just in front of the axle nut it clears the muffler just. it is fine for lubing chain, etc

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Pit-Bull all the way:D
^+1. I have the adjustable one that doesn't require the bike have spools. It's awesome. Word is they hold just about any weight and last forever. Plus, you can go buy one from your local bike shop since they're commonly stocked..

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The pit-bulls are indestructible. Best part, like in Rusty's case, if he got a bike that needed spools, he just buys a couple extra parts for the adjuster side of the stand, and voila, there ya go.

I got the Trackside stand from CycleGear, it was on sale for like $45. It works with either spools or without and is pretty sturdy. My only complaint is that its collapsible handle doesn't tend to lock in place when extended, but I reckon I could use a mill bit to help it find a "seat".

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pitbull may be the way to go, but at more than 4X the price? I'll hold off on that until I get my 600. Plus I just graduated college and the money isn't exactly flowing yet.

Thanks Bods for sharing. I have a GP Corsa which is much smaller than stock so I am hopimg it will still fit.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
i just picked up the parts canada stand for $75 CDN with the flat pads. the stand came with the brackets to fit spools when i get them. works well enough for now, just have to watch where i lift as the stock muffler can get in the way.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Harbor Freight. Cut off the lip on the left side. Works perfect. $30. I bought two.
Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand
Looks very simular to the one on ebay. With the exception that the one from Harbor Freight has a cross brace, which should give it more strength. Wow $30 is tempting.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
the venom rear stand is identical to the one i bought. the front stand looks good but I'm looking for the type that seats in the bottom triple clamp so i can take off the front wheel and shocks so i can rebuild my forks while the front of the bike is still supported.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Decent stands from discountramps.com. I got the black widow set I think. It came with the attachments for swing or spool lift. Works well & good price after shipping to Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I would never use a rear stand without pickup spools on the swingarm, they are just too unsteady.

Sato spools for abs model
Trex for non abs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi bods

Where did buy your one from??:)/
A place in canning vale, they are called radum, on catalano cct. It was about $60 I think but it does the job well enough. Its not what I would call unstable, its fine for lubing the chain and probably removing the wheel.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts