Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I too have the Harbor Freight Swingarm Stand on sale for a whopping $23. Pushes a little into the muffler cover, but I'm dropping that muffler anyways....

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just got a Kaneg rear stand. It set me back $96, and despite stating I didn't want the spool options, it still came with both (spool supports and the flat pads for bikes without). So if I get spools, or another bike with spools, I just swap it out and away it goes. I have to say, the service from Kaneg was amazing. I ordered around midday Monday (the guys are in Melbourne) and the stand was in my office (just north of Sydney) the next day. I haven't put it together yet (it's not a one-piece unit), but it looks sturdy. Not sure I'd want to put a $20K plus litre bike on it, but for a lightweight 250cc, it'll do fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got a Kaneg rear stand. It set me back $96, and despite stating I didn't want the spool options, it still came with both (spool supports and the flat pads for bikes without). So if I get spools, or another bike with spools, I just swap it out and away it goes. I have to say, the service from Kaneg was amazing. I ordered around midday Monday (the guys are in Melbourne) and the stand was in my office (just north of Sydney) the next day. I haven't put it together yet (it's not a one-piece unit), but it looks sturdy. Not sure I'd want to put a $20K plus litre bike on it, but for a lightweight 250cc, it'll do fine.
Let us know if there are any rubbing issues with exhaust or anything.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Looking at getting a rear stand mostly for chain maintenance, not for long term storage (since I ride year-round) and came across this on ebay:

NEW BIKE REAR MOTORCYCLE SWING ARM STAND PADDOCK STAND | eBay

Any reason why this would NOT work on our CBR? Looks like it will hold it right on the swing arm and not need spools.

$37 seems to be a steal.

bought this stand last week...works great on our CBR's..very solid stand...I am very pleased with it...will work just fine for long term storage as well...........thanks for sharing the link:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
http://sdrv.ms/NQz93M

There's a bees [email protected]&k in it, but I had it forward of the rear wheel axel nuts. If you set it behind, or have spools, you'll have even more room. Click above link for a photo (I tried embedding, but it wouldn't load).

The stand is fairly sturdy, I think a single-piece like a PitBull would be more stable, but for something like the CBR the Kaneg is brilliant.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
FWIW, and I know the Pit Bull stand is kind of pricey, but it makes no contact with the bike other than the swing arms where it's supposed to, the pads are round so it rolls the bike up and lets it down very easily, the pads can be swapped to accommodate spools whenever you need to, and it's likely the last stand you'll need to buy. Just wanted to lay down some features in the event any of you ever feel the desire to get one in the future. I can totally understand wanting a lower priced stand though, so carry on.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Pit Bulls are the cat's meow when it comes to stands. I can think of none better.
But cheaper stands will work fine on our extremely light weight bike.
If I didn't already own my Pit Bull stands and didn't need them for any bike but the 250 I wouldn't hesitate to go cheap.

They do make changing tires nice & easy :)

Sent from my not so smart phone using any means necessary

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pit Bulls are the cat's meow when it comes to stands. I can think of none better.
But cheaper stands will work fine on our extremely light weight bike.
If I didn't already own my Pit Bull stands and didn't need them for any bike but the 250 I wouldn't hesitate to go cheap.

They do make changing tires nice & easy :)

Sent from my not so smart phone using any means necessary
Do you mind giving a link or part number for BOTH of those. I want to buy the same ones and I dont want to guess and make any mistakes. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
www.pitbull.com they work great :cool: if you have ABS with STEEL LINES the one that in the picture WILL NOT WORK :eek: get the one that lifts bottom of the forks :D the front wheel will roll better for cleaning and comes off to change tires better :confused:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yep, I've been hearing that the extra brake line on ABS models block the stem making a stem lift unusable. I wonder if the brake line bracket could be loosened and the lines moved out of the way? My bike is non ABS so I haven't run into any problems.

I can't remember part numbers. I got my stands back in '05 and my memory doesn't reach back that far :)
If you have non ABS I'm pretty sure the pin needed for the front (stem lift) stand is the standard pin with #1 adapter. The smart thing to do would be to email Pit Bull. They're a very helpful bunch.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cycle gear has front and rear stands on sale right now.. I bought the rear stand 2 days ago.. Then saw a video review of the bull dog brand stands.. I have to say visually there isn't much difference between the $40 cycle gear stand.. Plus its holding a 250cc I'm sure they will do the job just fine..

I may go tomorrow and get a front stand at $40 it may come in handy:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cycle gear has front and rear stands on sale right now.. I bought the rear stand 2 days ago.. Then saw a video review of the bull dog brand stands.. I have to say visually there isn't much difference between the $40 cycle gear stand.. Plus its holding a 250cc I'm sure they will do the job just fine..

I may go tomorrow and get a front stand at $40 it may come in handy:D
If you're referring to the Trackside Paddock stands than they are indeed fine stands. I have them, and I would feel completely confident using them for maintenance on a big ole cruiser as well as my 250. They fit perfectly spool or no spool, build quality is excellent, strength is obvious, and the price is right. Spending almost $300 for one manual bike stand is absolutely ridiculous imho, especially when there are options that perform exactly the same with no compromises whatsoever on quality. That's just my opinion though. Some people prefer a fancy name brand no matter the cost or performance and there's nothing wrong with that either. It takes all kinds.:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you're referring to the Trackside Paddock stands than they are indeed fine stands. I have them, and I would feel completely confident using them for maintenance on a big ole cruiser as well as my 250.
I love my trackside rear stand and would not hesitate in buying the front stand either. Here is a picture of me on my 250 while on the stand and it was rock solid. (NO SPOOLS)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Galfer tryed to move move the ABS line but it was better ( ? ) to leve it be :confused: so the other stand works just as well , and I think better :eek: by the way I have both :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Harbor Freight. Cut off the lip on the left side. Works perfect. $30. I bought two.
Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand
Thanks man! There's a store 5 minutes from me, going there now to pick one up. On sale for $25 with a 90-day return policy. :)

2 questions - why cut off the lip on the left side, is the arm too wide for this bracket?

Also, are the brackets coated with plastic or rubber, or are they just painted metal? If its the latter, I may pick up some rubber coating spray at Lowe's and coat them.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
2 questions - why cut off the lip on the left side, is the arm too wide for this bracket?

Also, are the brackets coated with plastic or rubber, or are they just painted metal? If its the latter, I may pick up some rubber coating spray at Lowe's and coat them.
That's the stand I have.
Works great!
Brackets are coated.
Didn't cut off the lip. Don't know why you'd have to???
It is a little tight with the stock exhaust but no problem with an aftermarket.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts