Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry, but gotta ask: are the Trackside rear stands ok for ABS with stock exhaust?

Dave
The picture from jmia18 is the track side with the factory exhaust.. I'm pretty suite the abs doesn't effect the rear stand and I think only effects the front if you use triple tree stand.

Reactions: CBR_Dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
OK, just went out and picked up this stand at Harbor Freight. What a great place (my first time there).

I know it's not an expensive one, but for what it's worth, it is actually pretty heavy-duty. As Red_Ryder replied, the brackets are coated - heavily, with a sturdy rubber coating. It comes assembled (which is why it's an in-store pick up only I suppose) wrapped nicely in bubble wrap. The wheels are sturdy as well.

This should suit my needs just fine for the CBR. Before winter sets in I'll find a front fork stand on Amazon.

Great find - thanks gang! :D

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
The hardest part for me was adjusting the brackets to the swingarm.
If you have someone to help you it's a breeze.
Makes cleaning and lubing the chain easy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Harbor Freight. Cut off the lip on the left side. Works perfect. $30. I bought two.
Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand
Got mine today $25, nice. Felt sturdy, all was great, but like a lot of people said, the right arm hits the bottom of the exhaust. I didn't mind, no one looks down there. Anyways, I just flipped the "L" upside down and used the flat side of it.

Made it harder to swing it up, but it was sturdy overall, and by flipping the L attachment, it got the bike higher and cleared the exhaust no problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got the harbor freight stand also.works great.swapped the stock exhast for a leovince,no clearance problems,just have to watch the drive side is clearing the rim.For $25 it does what I need fine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would never use a rear stand without pickup spools on the swingarm, they are just too unsteady.

Sato spools for abs model
Trex for non abs.
Hey Au, just wondering mate if your bike came stock with the holes to fit spools? I have an '11 non-ABS model and it pretty much has a rectangular end, no holes extending out to fit spools :(

(Or is there some swingarm modification I've completely missed?)

·
Registered
226 Posts
There are parts you can order that will add spools to our bikes, however there are no "stock" holes for attaching spools. They either all attach to the axel nut, or the adjustment nuts.
Incorrect sir. The best attach to the arm itself. Google trex or look at earlier threads. I've posted pics of the trex on mine. Latest post to that thread is from an ABS rider stating that they work perfectly on his bike. Id post pics again but seems as though I've run out of storage.

Sent from the soon to be frozen north

·
Registered
332 Posts
Be careful if you're running a wider rear tire. The Sato Racing spools will not fit on my bike with a 150 rear tire installed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If anyone is still looking for a rear stand Cycle Gear has the track side front and rear stands on sale for around $59. I picked one up and it seems to work very well on the CBR 250. This is my first experiance with a rear stand so I can not compair it to any of the others out there, but for the price I think it is a steal.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yep. If you don't have spools on your swing arm, this is what the arm rests on.

If you have spools - put them to one side. You may have a mate who needs to borrow your stand or you may get another bike without spools.

If you don't have spools, you will certainly need these!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cyclegear rear and front paddock stands are on sale now for 49.99. Picking up a set. Anyone use the rear stands with the Trex swingarm sliders? Going to order a set of those. Also t-rex has 15% off all items. Use code "blackfriday" starting Thursday to Monday. (Looks like the code is working now though)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cycle Gear has both the rear and the front stands on sale for 29.99 each. Black friday type thing. Just FYI, for those that need them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
^^^ I went down there and got the Trackside rear paddock stand, not the 29.99 one, but the 49.99 one. The cheaper just seemed, well...cheap. The arm is a little funky, but works. Supports the swing arm perfectly without even having to adjust it once stripped of the bubble wrap. ;) If you have the cash and want a stand that will support a much heavier bike or need the piece of mind go for the Pitbull, but this one worked well for my first chain maint.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The 29 dollar one is not bad at all. With spools, it is as solid as any other stand. And I like the fact that I can break it back down and put it in the box when I move next month. a bit of a space saver.

But either way, glad you were able to get a good deal on a stand.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts