Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the news tonight and there talking about record high gas prices this summer. Thats great just what the economy needs. We are really going to enjoy the great millage our little Honda gets.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah i saw that too. i'm thinking to myself, yeah not worried about it. i have a honda civic and a cbr250. bring it on!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yeah, doesn't phase me too much:) Makes me feel better about having such an economical bike, even better than my bike last summer!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
$7.10 for 1.9 gallons earlier today on my CBR..it was over 70 degrees here...but alas...a cold front and more rain is moving this way as I speak....forcast is for snow flurries saturday...
Grrr..another weekend of nothing but television and alot more PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Watching the news tonight and there talking about record high gas prices this summer. Thats great just what the economy needs. We are really going to enjoy the great millage our little Honda gets.
You want to find high gas prices? Travel north into Canada...it's crazy! $1.35/liter! That is $5.10/US gallon!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If you Americans and Canadians think your petrol is expensive, it's £1.32 for Unleaded 95 RON and £1.40 for deisel per litre at my local Asda (Walmart) at the moment, and the UK isn't the most expensive place to buy fuel in Europe.
Isn't it funny how naive most North Americans are about global fuel prices? $8-9.00 per gallon has been common everywhere else around the world except for OPEC countries for a decade.

·
Registered
319 Posts
$1.60 average for 98Ron in australia, You yanks got it cheap at the moment

·
Registered
208 Posts
Isn't it funny how naive most North Americans are about global fuel prices? $8-9.00 per gallon has been common everywhere else around the world except for OPEC countries for a decade.
Yeah, that's why most of us have BIG cars and trucks. I don't mind the increase that much. Plus I have the CBR. I just laugh at the guys that belittle my bike, when they complain about their last fill up.:p

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Don't taxes comprise a decent portion of those higher prices?

I can't say I'd be happy with $8-9 a gallon even on a CBR250. I'd downgrade to scooter or 125cc if possible if that happened.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Increasing gas prices in the US would have to be a commitment that could be phased in over the course of 20 years. $.25 per year. As a way of paying back the 16 TRILLION $ that we owe. The US citzens have been intensely selfish at $4/ gallon to continue driving big trucks that get 23mpg while the rest of the civilized world sells gas for $9.00/ gallon as a way to encourage conservation.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
No one wants to get rid of their gas guzzlers. Sad, but true. Lol at the whole Newt Gingrich $2.50 a gallon statement thought.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Fortunately it's a mild winter here in California. I heat with propane, the price of which is directly tied to oil. So do all my neighbors. Sweaters only go so far. Gotta feel for the East Coasters using heating oil.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts