• Red

Votes: 89 48.9%
  • Black

Votes: 93 51.1%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a black one coming in April. I liked the Red a lot, but the black was just more my cup of tea. My husband bought a white '09 1000rr and it is hot. I wish that had been an option for the 250's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a black one coming in April. I liked the Red a lot, but the black was just more my cup of tea. My husband bought a white '09 1000rr and it is hot. I wish that had been an option for the 250's.
So you and your husband will be like ebony and ivory? Nice. I didn't know the 1000's came in white this year. That sounds like a good color choice to me. Where did you buy your cbr250r from?

oh, and welcome to cbr250.net. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm all in for the red/silver theme. When i look at that it just screams HONDA, and since we won't get the mugen CBR250R, having the red/silver theme will work nicely for people like myself who just might adding red Mugen accessories such as the red Mugen seat....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm really digging the black. I'd black out everything on mine when I pick one up. Now where can I find black brake rotors. Hahahaha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i like the red but id like it even more if all the silver trim pieces could be red instead of silver. now that would be a wicked color combo for the bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im surprised no one brought up vinyl.

I like to keep things original and the CBR250R wont be a bike i keep for a while, so changing the factory color might take away from the value and make it too personalized for another person to like it.

I'm going with black and will be adding custom vinyl to give it my own touch and the good thing, i can remove the vinyl at anytime without it harming the paint.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im surprised no one brought up vinyl.

I like to keep things original and the CBR250R wont be a bike i keep for a while, so changing the factory color might take away from the value and make it too personalized for another person to like it.

I'm going with black and will be adding custom vinyl to give it my own touch and the good thing, i can remove the vinyl at anytime without it harming the paint.

That makes good sense. Unless you think you want to keep it for life, or get a really good paint job that does not look to fad-like, you could hurt resale value painting it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That makes good sense. Unless you think you want to keep it for life, or get a really good paint job that does not look to fad-like, you could hurt resale value painting it.
The trouble with getting a really good paint job, is finding someone that can do a really good paint job. I've come across so many repainted bikes that have horrible paint jobs. For a bike that costs $4000, getting someone to repaint it and do a flawless job just isn't worth the time or money for me.

In the future when I get my CBR1000 :D I just might go all out on everything including paint.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The trouble with getting a really good paint job, is finding someone that can do a really good paint job. I've come across so many repainted bikes that have horrible paint jobs. For a bike that costs $4000, getting someone to repaint it and do a flawless job just isn't worth the time or money for me.

In the future when I get my CBR1000 :D I just might go all out on everything including paint.

Agreed. Custom paint is not a performance upgrade, so I don't see the point. Then again if you drop it, you'd want some options. A buddy of mine just dropped his R1, and instead of fixing it, found this place that sells high quality ABS replacement fairings for like $750. FYI, it's called Easy Fairings.

My bike is stock, and hope never to have to do it, but these guys will do a whole color swap in new plastic you bolt on. You could keep your stock stuff too.

No doubt they have nothing for the CBR250R yet but maybe eventually they will.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Green or blue

Agreed. Custom paint is not a performance upgrade, so I don't see the point. Then again if you drop it, you'd want some options. A buddy of mine just dropped his R1, and instead of fixing it, found this place that sells high quality ABS replacement fairings for like $750. FYI, it's called Easy Fairings.

My bike is stock, and hope never to have to do it, but these guys will do a whole color swap in new plastic you bolt on. You could keep your stock stuff too.

No doubt they have nothing for the CBR250R yet but maybe eventually they will.

Easy fairings doesn't have anything for the CBR250R but they look good. Maybe they'll start making them when production starts. I think a forest green or navy blue one would be real subdued.

·
281 Posts
I definitely like the black better. But being a U.S. based guy, I haven't physically seen either one! I would be tempted to get the silver blend offered in some parts of the world. Or the CBR Silver and Orange combination offered in Canada on the smaller CBR looks hot to me. The black as well as the silver offer some good opportunities for custom decals and paint changes for some of the parts. I am not sure I would want my 250 to "look like" the VFR 1200........

·
281 Posts
I'm all in for the red/silver theme. When i look at that it just screams HONDA, and since we won't get the mugen CBR250R, having the red/silver theme will work nicely for people like myself who just might adding red Mugen accessories such as the red Mugen seat....

I must add this: I do like the looks of this Mugen seat! And it would work for either black or Silver/Red !

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can the Poll be updated to include the different world colors (along with their pictures) and what country you are from? We may actually be able to create some market data that Honda sees and then possible they will give us more than just 2 colors per country.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts