Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mostly just stalk these forums, but I know I'm not the only one who had this idea. I'm just the first to post pictures for your viewing pleasure! Got the cowl back from the painters today, and it matches perfectly and looks great! Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I mostly just stalk these forums, but I know I'm not the only one who had this idea. I'm just the first to post pictures for your viewing pleasure! Got the cowl back from the painters today, and it matches perfectly and looks great! Thoughts?

*mods* could you change the topic to just "red rear seat cowl" thought I cleared the automatic text, but for some reason it came back.
Nice. How much did the cowl costs and how much was it to getnit painted?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. How much did the cowl costs and how much was it to getnit painted?
Cowl was 130$ I believe, and the painting was another 90$ Total of a little over 200 bucks, but now I know I'll have a unique look on the road.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks :) I wanted something different, but not too radical.

Any other suggestions on mods like this? I was thinking of powder coating the bar end weights.
I think that's a good idea.

The few I've seen that have painted the silver parts look pretty sweet. Similar to this but not exactly...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that's a good idea.

The few I've seen that have painted the silver parts look pretty sweet. Similar to this but not exactly...

Awesome mate! I actually already had the shop write me up a quote to get all the silver bits black ;) ahah. Great minds think alike!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are they ever going to come out with an actual red one where we don't have to get it painted ourselves? I would like a rear seat cowl but in red, I don't want to have to go through and get it painted by some others.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ricks,

Where did you get that cowl for $96? I see with that cowl that the grab rails are also removed. Who makes the cowl?

I have priced out painting mine and the paint alone if $250 from Colorite, as it is a 2 stage paint and you need 2 pints at $125/pint.

Phil

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was all over that KD Shop website and only found a cowl for a PCX Scooter. Tough to navigate even with the English translation selected.

Phil

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was all over that KD Shop website and only found a cowl for a PCX Scooter. Tough to navigate even with the English translation selected.

Phil
I agree. The pictures of the rear seat cowl aren't links. I looked through the accessories and they don't have the rear seat cowl. Oh well. I m not a big fan of buying from out of the states when it comes to online purchase anyway. I might get Honda's black one unless there is someone in the States that makes the red or better yet Honda.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts