Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put my red reflective rim strips on tonite....heres a couple quick pics just showing how they light up from camera flash...and one pic of them in the daylight......I have red reflective tape on my helmet too,..and another quick pic of my photon blasters on the fenders..they are still WAY brighter than the pic shows them for some reason

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights

what I like most about them is that they appear to flicker in your peripheral vision but not if you look directly at them...I notice people slowing down who are driving at me from the opposite direction..i guess checking them out....mission accomplished! To get the attention of every cager in front of you and have them SEE you , not thru or past you is exactly what they are designed to do..$110 well spent in my book

·
Registered
210 Posts
The reflective rims really make the profile of the bike standout against a dark background. I'll be buying these too. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights

what I like most about them is that they appear to flicker in your peripheral vision but not if you look directly at them...I notice people slowing down who are driving at me from the opposite direction..i guess checking them out....mission accomplished! To get the attention of every cager in front of you and have them SEE you , not thru or past you is exactly what they are designed to do..$110 well spent in my book
Are you going to install P3s?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking to get the photon blasters, P3 rears, and reflective rim sticker.

I also would like to know how the install went for you.. wiring wise to the battery for the Photons? And where you got the rim sticker, install tips!

Which mounting bracket did you get for the Photons? The T14-S listed on the site is not available on the Order page..

great pics.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Reflective Motorcycle and Bicycle Rim and Wheel tape strips I got the reflective rim strips from here..just take your time putting them on halfway straight..small imperfections are impossible to notice...i have several on mine :) but if you put them on crooked as crap they will noticable look like crap..took me about 40 minutes..to do both sides of both wheels

The photon blasters werent hard at all..the T-taps were easy to use...i used the wires off one of the position lights next to the headlight to tap into,only 2 wires...Green is ground (all over the bike) the other wire is obviously switched power....you dont have to hook anything up to the battery...The T14-S is what you need..it is just an oversight on their part......if you hit the contact support button and tell them the bracket is missing....the owner of the site his self usually responds back fairly quick..he designed the T14-S just for the CBR250R ..

[UPDATE] (the T14-S bracket is available on the order page now)

I decided against the P3..I went with the cheaper Knight riderz flashing brake light instead..sticks on with 3m...i bought a chrome license plate holder and stuck it to that..Knight Rider LED Light Bar

·
Registered
42 Posts
ive loved what youve done with the helmet!!
anychance you get a picture of how it looked earlier or without the FLASH?! :]

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those are red? They look yellow or orange in the photos. In person is it an actual shade of red? I thought hwy vehicles couldn't have red or black reflective tape on them (colors reserved for emergency vehicles)...but yellow has no such restrictions. Am I right??

Your bike looks awesome btw.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Those are red? They look yellow or orange in the photos. In person is it an actual shade of red? I thought hwy vehicles couldn't have red or black reflective tape on them (colors reserved for emergency vehicles)...but yellow has no such restrictions. Am I right??

Your bike looks awesome btw.
thanks, the tape is actually red,but reflects kinda orange looking....dont know why that is but it gets the attention of other drivers and thats all i was worried about so i dont mind....

I have never heard anything about reflective tape ( no matter what the color) being illegal....you can only have white or yellow lights on the front and only red lights on the back but never read or saw a thing about reflective material anywhere..
If my bike had been blue...i would have put blue reflective rim strips and a blue helmet with blue reflective tape on it....
green-I would have used green ect ...ect...

·
Registered
37 Posts
The photon blasters weren't hard at all..the T-taps were easy to use...i used the wires off one of the position lights next to the headlight to tap into,only 2 wires...Green is ground (all over the bike) the other wire is obviously switched power....you dont have to hook anything up to the battery...
Hey—just got a set of Photons in the mail. I see the position lights you referred to. I'm assuming you had to take off part of the fairing to get at them?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey—just got a set of Photons in the mail. I see the position lights you referred to. I'm assuming you had to take off part of the fairing to get at them?
Nope, I didn't but I guess it would have been easier to tap the wires but more troublesome (to me) as a whole.....I turned the position light and took it out of the socket like i was going to change the bulb...I had enough exposed wire to use the positaps without taking off the fairing while sitting on the ground looking up under the fairing
...worst case scenario you cut some of the exterior tape bundling the wires together to give yourself some more slack.
It's whatever works best for you...Grats on the the Photon Blasters.... in my opinion they have definitively made a difference..only one idiot has pulled in front of me in the month I have had them and even that idiot eventually noticed me and stopped suddenly in the road with half my lane blocked...I saw it coming and was almost at a full stop by then before riding around him......on my previous motorcycle I had before photon blasters were invented...it was an almost a weekly occurrence and they wouldnt stop

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nope, I didn't but I guess it would have been easier to tap the wires but more troublesome (to me) as a whole.....I turned the position light and took it out of the socket like i was going to change the bulb...I had enough exposed wire to use the positaps without taking off the fairing while sitting on the ground looking up under the fairing
...worst case scenario you cut some of the exterior tape bundling the wires together to give yourself some more slack.
It's whatever works best for you...Grats on the the Photon Blasters.... in my opinion they have definitively made a difference..only one idiot has pulled in front of me in the month I have had them and even that idiot eventually noticed me and stopped suddenly in the road with half my lane blocked...I saw it coming and was almost at a full stop by then before riding around him......on my previous motorcycle I had before photon blasters were invented...it was an almost a weekly occurrence and they wouldnt stop
That makes sense. Thanks.

Great to hear that the Photons are working well for you. I plan to put a set of P3s on the rear as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As promised...video review of both the P3 and Photon Blaster lights from Skene Design, which I just installed on my CBR250R. I think they're great -- very bright, and the subtle flicker is awesome.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
looks great man...thanks for the video....i dont have a camcorder yet..plan on gettn one..maybe income tax return time next spring.......I had another cager start to pull from a side street to my right out in front of me today around dusk....before I could even brake i saw there front end dip suddenly as they braked hard before their front bumper even made out in the road...rack another save for me by my Photon Blasters

I like your rear lights as well..i decided to go with the much cheaper "Knight Riderz Sequential LED Light Bar with Flashing Brake Light" from Custom Dynamics on the rear of mine...works really well so far too
Knight Rider LED Light Bar

1 - 20 of 24 Posts