Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I ordered some of that reflective tape off of ebay the other day, and to my surprise it showed up today! So, after I was finished riding for the day, I cleaned off my wheels and decided to give it a go. Haven't seen any other CBR250's rocking the rim tape yet, so maybe this will help someone who's on the fence about it.

I like it! Looks pretty sweet, and will hopefully help people will see me a little easier at night now. I forgot to take pictures while it was still light outside, however. Whoops. They're red stripes, btw. The install wasn't TOO horrible, but it wasn't easy to get them on there looking halfway decent! Thankfully it looks just fine from a little ways away :D Now, maybe I'll pick up some black tape in the near future and continue my LightCycle conversion..

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
So I ordered some of that reflective tape off of ebay the other day, and to my surprise it showed up today! So, after I was finished riding for the day, I cleaned off my wheels and decided to give it a go. Haven't seen any other CBR250's rocking the rim tape yet, so maybe this will help someone who's on the fence about it.

I like it! Looks pretty sweet, and will hopefully help people will see me a little easier at night now. I forgot to take pictures while it was still light outside, however. Whoops. They're red stripes, btw. The install wasn't TOO horrible, but it wasn't easy to get them on there looking halfway decent! Thankfully it looks just fine from a little ways away :D Now, maybe I'll pick up some black tape in the near future and continue my LightCycle conversion..
Got the exact link for the ebay page?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I gave in and bought some. I have the black bike and all black gear. I thought I could use some visibility help. I painted my bar ends a matching high gloss red. I'll post pics when I get the tape.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey t0ad how many have to be ordered would I have to order 2 or does one order include enough for the pair of wheels? Also does it have one or those installers or is it just the tape?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
As I understand it, there's reflective tape and "retro-reflective" tape. The latter reflects back toward the light source, the former would reflect on angle away from the light source based upon the angle of the light source to the tape. Retro-reflective would seem to be the better choice so I wondered if that is what you guys bought. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey t0ad how many have to be ordered would I have to order 2 or does one order include enough for the pair of wheels? Also does it have one or those installers or is it just the tape?
Ordering a quantity of one on the auction I linked was enough to do 2 complete wheels (18 pieces altogether, 2 extra just in case). It came with just the tape itself and some install tips, such as using soapy water to help with application. Definitely good advice btw, because it was a real pain trying to put the strips on halfway decently!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts