Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New motorcycle owner, and my first refuel was just the other day. I noticed I am not able to insert the nozzle fully into the tank like I do with my car, as there is some sort of metal bar right at the tip of where the nozzle should go. I had to pull back on the rubber piece of the gas nozzle to make gas flow. However, this way I can actually keep an eye on the fill level. My question is, should I be able to insert the nozzle fully and be able to tilt it down to utilize the automatic cut-off or not?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, it's normal. I have to do the same with my bike.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I keep a 5 gal. container in the garage for the bike. Fill it up when I fill the car. I always leave the garage with a full tank. (Haven't done a 200+ mile ride yet, to have to fill it at a station).

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Thanks everyone!
Feather the pump lever as you would the clutch. Hold the nozzle in the tank to fill. Should only take roughly 1 minute to fill.

Fill it to the bottom of that metal tab you see there, though I fill it a smidge over because with the bike upright, the fuel levels back out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Some gas stations have touchy (aggressive) pumps so it's difficult to avoid that light spray back. Others have a smoother delivery. Take your time. It's a small tank so it doesn't take long to fill.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi,

New motorcycle owner, and my first refuel was just the other day. I noticed I am not able to insert the nozzle fully into the tank like I do with my car, as there is some sort of metal bar right at the tip of where the nozzle should go. I had to pull back on the rubber piece of the gas nozzle to make gas flow. However, this way I can actually keep an eye on the fill level. My question is, should I be able to insert the nozzle fully and be able to tilt it down to utilize the automatic cut-off or not?

as per design.
If you were able to insert the nozzle fully, the back pressure would activate the automatic shut off continuously.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
even with the nozzle only sticking in the hole an inch, the automatic shutoff still works when the tank gets full..but i wouldnt hold the handle fully in or locked fully squeezed in..even with the handle barely squeezed, gas will splatter back on the tank..just the way it is..ive tried every way I can think of to avoid that..but no go so far

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Lol.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts