Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the rear of the baby cbr the least pleasing on the eye. And think it would look way better without all that plastic molding.

I took a quick look before with a mechanic about removing the molding (B) and just keeping the fairings (A).

Unfortunately the molding is attached to the frame, then the farings are attached to the molding.

However living here in Thailand where everything is dirt cheap I could pick up an extra pair of moldings and take a look at modifying them.

Mainly getting them cut along the line here:

The problem then though is your light, indicators and plate holder.

The passenger bars have been removed from the bike in the pic (which I stole off a thread on here) so they would add some cover to the sides, but the problem is you'd definitely need a new light, indicator and plate holder put together and attached to the frame, directly under the seat....

Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start with sourcing those... though perhaps my dealer's mechanics would.... Hmmm.

Excuse the funny photoshop below. :D

Any ideas/views?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the problem with that though would be my wife's bum, as I collect her from work most evenings.

Plus I think my one looks nicer. :D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I took 2 pillions the other day which was well worth the effort, but.. the TYGA is about to be ordered soon. will save alot of effort every track day, and cheaper & lighter than a seat cowl, tail tidy and exhaust hanger, so my girls will just catch the bus instead haha.

Will you cover the tail frame rails?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keeping an eye on this thread. Excuse the stupid question but will there be an increase of mud/water sling on the pillion with your modification or will the license plate be enough?
Would be an increase. Mainly on the pillion's back.

It really doesn't rain much where I am, and when it does, a rooster tail ain't going to add much that isn't there already. :D

can you mod cbr600 rear to fit?
No idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts