Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a good deal on a remote start online for less than 30 bucks. I'm just wondering if anyone has installed one on their ceebee yet? The price is right and doesn't appear to be a difficult install. Plus my buddy does them for a living so if i got stuck help would only be a call away. I was just wondering if there was any reason anyone could come up with that this one wouldn't work with our bikes.

Motorcycle Alarm with Remote Engine Start

Thanks, Luke

·
Registered
706 Posts
I saw a good deal on a remote start online for less than 30 bucks. I'm just wondering if anyone has installed one on their ceebee yet? The price is right and doesn't appear to be a difficult install. Plus my buddy does them for a living so if i got stuck help would only be a call away. I was just wondering if there was any reason anyone could come up with that this one wouldn't work with our bikes.

Motorcycle Alarm with Remote Engine Start

Thanks, Luke
No reason it wont work. Should be very very easy to install on one of these. I'd personally look up some reviews and find a really good one. They are all pretty cheap.

I got a Viper system for my Jeep in December and installed it, that was a bit more complicated since it does locks and even works with the defrost.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Im going to say it.

Why the **** would you want to remove start a motorbike!

·
Registered
706 Posts
There's not a lot of reason but I mean if you like to just hop on it and ride it like you stole it then it would be a good idea to warm it up first lol.

Reactions: Tom Raider

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings trainwreck8391,

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. If you really want this remote start. Remember that only you can make this decision. Right or Wrong. It's still your Decision.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks somebody. Yeah you're pretty much right. I want it so I can start it up while I'm getting ready to punch out for work, that way I can just hop on and go on the cooler days.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And soul searcher you are very right! I just think it would be a nice convenient thing to have, especially for less than 50 bucks lol

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
My ashtray will beat this.

Reactions: don'tpanic

·
Registered
78 Posts
oh man im gonna jump on that. i remember when i installed it in my cars years back and they were pretty expensive. good to know that the price dramatically dropped

·
Registered
1 Posts
i hope it will not cause the electrial problem on your bike.
some rumors in my country, cbr250 too sensitive in electrical modification. the dioda zener on key house easy to broken.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wouldn't you still have to put the key in and turn it to the on position. Or does it take the ignition switch out of the loop?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
How about overhead lighting for map reading, a vanity mirror and sunroof? that be cool too.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Haha reackon you could turn it into a convertible?
Thatb might affect my airconditioner i'm working on fitting.. got it off ebay for $29.95.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wouldn't you still have to put the key in and turn it to the on position. Or does it take the ignition switch out of the loop?
If it is like a car you would insert the valet key into the box during installation. Then you would put your other key in the ignition and turn it to run when you get out to your bike and are ready to take off.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If it is like a car you would insert the valet key into the box during installation. Then you would put your other key in the ignition and turn it to run when you get out to your bike and are ready to take off.
That is for cars with chipped keys.

To wire this up you would just connect to the 12v wire, run wire, start wire, and accessory wire if it exists. It will also retain the kick stand shut off wire as an anti theft precaution. It really is just about that easy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will I need to bypass the clutch safety switch? Or does the bike start in neutral without the clutch pulled in? I never bothered to check :rolleyes:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Will I need to bypass the clutch safety switch? Or does the bike start in neutral without the clutch pulled in? I never bothered to check :rolleyes:
Yep in neutral it will start by just hitting the button.

If you do this I would suggest always locking the steering when parked.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome, one less wire to hack. And I always do! Thinking about ordering a disc lock as well, since it will be running unattended and all... I figure at a minimum it will keep honest people honest.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts