Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to remove the right middle fairing and lower right fairing to change the oil? Is there a specific technique to getting the middle fairing off without breaking any clips ect?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I didn't remove any fairings to change the oil. The bottom fairing that's blocking the filter housing, I just took out the bolt at the back, and the screw on the bottom that holds it to its partner on the other side. The plastic is flexible enough with just those two fasteners removed to do the filer change without breaking anything.

·
Registered
261 Posts
As said, some do oil changes just removing the part of the bottom fairing to reveal and access the bolts on the oil filter housing. Removing the complete fairing is not hard at all. Remove the bolts with the supplied allen key. You gotta remove on the bolts on each side of the main fairing from the inside. Once the bolts are removed there are three clips that you need to pull out and it is not that hard. You will also have to disconnect the turn signal from the fairing to get it off the bike completely. But for an oil change it could just hang in there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Removing the fairing is not difficult AT ALL. And I did not find the clips to be prone to breaking. Just take it real slow, and ease your fingers in, and they'll pop out.

It's so easy to pull off...why risking damaging it trying to bend it out of the way, or getting oil on it?

Another thing I did was tape a piece of card board onto the inside of the left fairing, draping down over the exhaust pipe. (Make sure the pipe isn't too hot, and that you nor the tape doesn't touch the exhaust pipe). This helped make sure oil draining out didn't get all over the pipe. I also used lots of shop rags (those blue paper towels) to put my parts and tools on, and to wipe up, etc.

It's really a very easy job even without a stand of any sort for the bike. Though a stand would make it just a little bit easier. But it helps to have the right tools.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It's not that it is difficult.

I'm lazy and didn't feel like doing it.:p It ended up being easy enough not to remove it.

Bending the bottom won't damage it though. It's pretty flexible.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, I now know how to remove them if I ever have to, but I just took the easy way out and gently pulled back the bottom pan fairing, it actually is very flexible, I stuck a long wrench between the fairing and footpeg to hold it out of the way. Worked out nicely :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts