Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchase a RAM mount for my GPS (should be coming mid-week), so I took a look to see if I could easily remove the black rubber/plastic cap that covers the fork stem.

Long story short, It doesn't sem to want to budge, and I don't want to scrape anything if I don't have to (figure a flathead screwdriver could do some damage).

Anyhow, figured I would post to see how others got theirs out, hopefully with zero damage.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the blade of the screwdriver, use both hands to control the screwdriver and you should be able to get it off without doing any damage.

I have a couple small flat blade screwdrivers that I set up with a piece of heat shrink tubing over the blade, which I use for exactly what you're doing.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i just used screwdriver...couldnt care less if a tiny scratch got it or not...ive babied crap before for ever just to have it scraped,scratched, dented eventually....so i dont sweat the small stuff anymore..if it happens ..it happens

·
Registered
21 Posts
Purchase a RAM mount for my GPS (should be coming mid-week), so I took a look to see if I could easily remove the black rubber/plastic cap that covers the fork stem.

Long story short, It doesn't sem to want to budge, and I don't want to scrape anything if I don't have to (figure a flathead screwdriver could do some damage).

Anyhow, figured I would post to see how others got theirs out, hopefully with zero damage.

Thanks in advance
-I pried it out with it a plastic trim removal tool. I reckon you could punch it out from the bottom with a long bladed screwdriver or something similar.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
-I pried it out with it a plastic trim removal tool. I reckon you could punch it out from the bottom with a long bladed screwdriver or something similar.
It's hollow the whole way through? Hmm, that doesn't sound like that bad of an option if it is.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remove the steering stem nut and pop it out. 39 mm socket if I remember correctly.
Doesn't the nut hold anything in place? (as in, isn't it supporting something?) If not, then what's its function in the first place?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts